ACN Latitudes Forums

nero appt

MARYANN

I went to a new neorologist yesterday because my first nero asked my daughter if she wanted to be on medication. The reason why I was so upset about that is he looked at her and asked her without consulting me first and I felt that was wrong. My daughter has been doing well and since I had appt to go to him , I made appt for a new nero just to make sure im doing all the right things I guess. BIG MISTAKE!

Well I walked out of there feeling like an idiot. I told him I felt it was artifical flavors, he looked at me like I had to heads. My daughter did not help when she said she does not believe that is the cause. She is 13 and sometimes she has candy when im not around and she does not tic.

Half the time my daughter does not no when shes ticing. The ticing never really bother my daughter. Except the eye tic which she has not had in awile. I feel my daughter has gotten better since I changed her diet, vitaims and no artificial flavors. Well any way the doctor made a

point of telling me that he does not feel that it is artificial flovors and that tics are mainly caused by stress. I asked him so you don't think the vitaim defiency or her being nauseau all the time and having pains in her legs have nothing to do with this. He tells me no just continuing having her take a mul-ti. He also told me that he felt that my first nero was correct in asking my daughter about the medicine she a young adult and of course you would be consulted to. Im so upset about this I walked out of there saying to myself , what happened here. Another thing I wanted to show him, the papers showing my daughter had high levels of medal, he did not even want to look at that. Has nothing to do with it.

Well im sticking with the doctor that put her on digestive enzymes and vitamins.

I have one question my daughter was not ticing for awileuntil I put her on the viatims.

She take gluthathiaol,vital-zymes, intestinal support and vita-tabs. The reason I kept her on it

is becuse she feels better shes not nauseu in the morning, no more pains. I told her im thinking of taking her off and starting with one at a time. She does not feel like she is ticing. She is only ticing a little. Nobobdy can notice but me. Its just that it started the day afer the viatim.

So im not surewhat to do at this point. She been taking the viatims for a little over two weeks now.

Sometimes I feel I should just let more daughter do what whe wants to see what happens.

She does sneak now and then but she does not eat candy like she use to. At the same time it took so long to get to this point. I just feel like im alone. I felt like I had the doctor and my daughter telling me im completly wrong. Then my husband comes home from work and I tell him what happened and he says, so this doctor wrong also and your right. When my daughters ticing alot he's the first one to ask her what she ate.

well any way thanks for listening to me vent, im glad I have this sight to go to. Thanks again!

I went to a new neorologist yesterday because my first nero asked my daughter if she wanted to be on medication. The reason why I was so upset about that is he looked at her and asked her without consulting me first and I felt that was wrong. My daughter has been doing well and since I had appt to go to him , I made appt for a new nero just to make sure im doing all the right things I guess. BIG MISTAKE!

Well I walked out of there feeling like an idiot. I told him I felt it was artifical flavors, he looked at me like I had to heads. My daughter did not help when she said she does not believe that is the cause. She is 13 and sometimes she has candy when im not around and she does not tic.

Half the time my daughter does not no when shes ticing. The ticing never really bother my daughter. Except the eye tic which she has not had in awile. I feel my daughter has gotten better since I changed her diet, vitaims and no artificial flavors. Well any way the doctor made a

point of telling me that he does not feel that it is artificial flovors and that tics are mainly caused by stress. I asked him so you don't think the vitaim defiency or her being nauseau all the time and having pains in her legs have nothing to do with this. He tells me no just continuing having her take a mul-ti. He also told me that he felt that my first nero was correct in asking my daughter about the medicine she a young adult and of course you would be consulted to. Im so upset about this I walked out of there saying to myself , what happened here. Another thing I wanted to show him, the papers showing my daughter had high levels of medal, he did not even want to look at that. Has nothing to do with it.

Well im sticking with the doctor that put her on digestive enzymes and vitamins.

I have one question my daughter was not ticing for awileuntil I put her on the viatims.

She take gluthathiaol,vital-zymes, intestinal support and vita-tabs. The reason I kept her on it

is becuse she feels better shes not nauseu in the morning, no more pains. I told her im thinking of taking her off and starting with one at a time. She does not feel like she is ticing. She is only ticing a little. Nobobdy can notice but me. Its just that it started the day afer the viatim.

So im not surewhat to do at this point. She been taking the viatims for a little over two weeks now.

Sometimes I feel I should just let my daughter do what whe wants to see what happens.

She does sneak now and then but she does not eat candy like she use to. At the same time it took so long to get to this point. I just feel like im alone. I felt like I had the doctor and my daughter telling me im completly wrong. Then my husband comes home from work and I tell him what happened and he says, so this doctor wrong also and your right. When my daughters ticing alot he's the first one to ask her what she ate.

well any way thanks for listening to me vent, im glad I have this sight to go to. Thanks again!

I also want to add I told the nero I felt my daughter tics started because she had her shots. She had TDAP 12/12/06 and then Menactra 11/27/06. Her tics starting first week in January 07.

Eye twiching, facial tic , throat clearing.

Maryann,

Vent away!

I had a very similar experience with our neuro. She only offered to put my son on meds and when I asked about diet she said that she did not believe it caused the tics and that my dh and I could do whatever we liked, it couldn't hurt his overall health but it wouldn't affect his ticcing.

We left the appointment with complete disappointment and disillusionment and about $325 out of pocket for her 20 minute observation and dx. It didn't help that when we learned from ACN about allergy testing options etc... that our pediatrician who referred us to that very same neuro refused to write a script for the testing that so many here suggested. He said blankly that he did not believe in that kind of testing and that we just needed to accept the situation. Well that testing that he claimed was a 'waste of money' has proven to be the key fixture in our son's consistent recovery process. I think a lot of these mainstream doctors think we TS/tic parents are a bit 'hyper conscious'. I really don't think they have the research and background in holistic treatment to really give them a 'full picture'-- and with bustling practices and growing families of their own, many of these docs just don't have the time to put in to do any extensive research on our behalf. What they know about tics/TS was probably covered in a semester of med school, and for some they may have never seen a case in their careers (as my original ped finally admitted to us at our last visit when he insisted we sign a release after informing him that we do not wish to vaccinate any more). The first pediatrician I finally cliqued with has a son dx'd with autism. For him it was personal, and so he made it his mission to know all there is to know about ASD. He, of course, was more open minded and knowledgeable about vax's, diet, vits, etc...

You know, if you have gotten results then you have all the info you need. You don't need approval from the mainstream docs. I just don't think you'll get it. That is what I love about latitudes. We are all in the same boat here and we all can commiserate, console, coach, and celebrate together. This forum has been a real blessing for our family. It has helped us to heal our son better than any one physician could.

I'm glad you found at least one doc that is on the same page. Your daughter sounds like she is doing great. You know in your heart that she doesn't need meds. My ds does great on his diet and his symptoms are minimal-- as you stated your daughter's are. I don't consciously let him 'cheat' under my supervision, but if he does inadvertently or blatantly eat something I don't punish him either (he's nearly 5), I just explain to him that he will probably see some symptoms. When he does get them afterwards he then makes the connection. Now he is very diligent with his diet. He always asks before he eats. Don't worry too much about dd. With maturity it will all come together.

Being thirteen and all she probably is just bucking for a little independence. She wouldn't be so compliant if she felt herself that it wasn't working. Yeah, she probably does cheat when you are not 'watching' but I bet her level of consciousness about it is enough to 'keep her in check'.

I just wanted to post a note of encouragement and let you know that I totally know what you mean and how you feel. We are in the same boat here, only our ds hasn't reached his teens yet!

Caryn

How interesting about the shots and timing of the tics. My son's tics started about 2-3 weeks after he had the Chicken Pocs Vaccine....with no prior issues at all. They came on suddenly. Both the ped and the nuerologist told me it is "just tics". I am frustrated. Why then do they in the same breath tell you that the tics, learning trouble, and ADHD are all very related????? What caused the "chemical imbalance" in the brain............that they now THINK they need to correct with chemical prescriptions?

I can also say that I searched high and low for a nutritionalist for pediatrics in my area and did not find one. I am thankful that I have the next two weeks off, so that I can read through all of these posts.....these parents know a lot more than any doctor seems to be able to tell me!!! Good luck and have a happy holiday!!!