ACN Latitudes Forums

"Just Tics"/ADHD/Learning Problems - Diet Suggestions

Tracey111

My brain spins when I read through all of these posts. My son's new nuerologist tells me that he "just has tics". She was more concerned about the ADHD. I am more concerned about the learning issues/focus/retention issues that I see going on! I "tried" a nutrition overhaul, but it exhausted me....and I didn't really know where to start on supplements.

So, how do I figure out where to start? How do I test him for food allergies? Where do I find the best "menu" to fit his three issues?

I went to fruit/veggies/meat/milk/oj/nuts only and the teachers thought I had medicated him that week because he focused better in class....it did not help the tics though. I gave him fish oil (but stopped it because of the tics), liquid magnesium, focus attention plus pills, and GABA Plus, and a multi. I stopped the multi b/c it had red #40 in it (HOW can they allow that????) I can only get in the gaba and attention formula lately b/c he is refusing to eat once he figures out there are "things" in his drink/food. So, where do I start to find out the best mix???

Thanks!!!

My son has tics and Add with hyperactivity. It's been pretty good with just giving magnesium taurate, but the last couple of days he's been bouncing off the walls again, doing impulsive stuff. Does the GABA plus, and focus attention pills help at all? We tested Bradley via Immunolabs.com, if you go there it will give you info. It was done by blood testing. He has no allergies but several sensitivities, and to things we'd never have suspected like apples, cranberries, chili peppers, but his big ones was wheat and cheese and milk. After we took him off of milk his eye rolling tic stopped. There's something we're missing, I suspect high fructose corn syrup, that makes him act silly, impulsive and hyper. Start with one thing at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. It's been two years for us now, and there are some tests I still want to take, like testing for yeast, pyroluria, and heavy metals. I meant to add that we had to pay out of pocket for the allergy testing, 600.00 for food and enviromental testing. Lately we found an open minded pediatrician, who is on our insurance, who will test a big range of things, vitamins, allergens, etc. He has the codes we need for our insurance to pay for it.