ACN Latitudes Forums

R-OCD - please help

sf2688

Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm 19 yrs old. Two months ago I started having very obsessive thoughts of a specific individual molesting me. I worried about it for forever and avoided all contact with this person. My brain replayed these thoughts over and over so that it left me never wanting to leave my room, Panic attacks, and always feeling scared. I went to a therapist and they said I have the obsessive thought behavior of someone with OCD. I started on Lexapro but I dont feel it has helped yet (i've only been on it for two weeks). The next spike occurred when two girls said they were Gay, i started obsessing about that and what if I was and I felt they were molesting me or going too....

I'm in a two year relationship with a great guy who loves me so much but lately I just feel so numb to everything. I feel numb to him, like I can't love him anymore. My third spike came from a male friend who just gave me a compliment, but his parents and my parents push us dating ALL THE TIME! My brain is going in circles! I think sometimes my relationship would be easier if i was with this person, but Then i feel sick. i wanna be with my boyfriend. I want so much to feel the same way that I used too. I feel sick to my stomach with anxiety all the time, I can't sleep, barely eat.... I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with spikes because as soon as one ends, another begins. I don't know if my thoughts are OCD or ACTUAL relationship problems....I'm confused all the time. Can someone please help? I'm just not happy anymore and it's so unlike me. OCD is controlling my life....

Hi there!!!

Please know there are so many who read this who know exactly what you are going through. I know how it feels to feel "trapped" inside your own emotions.

I just wanted to share with you what I posted to another person just recently as to what has helped me deal with this http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2623 .

I just made an appointment recently for my son, who is seven, with a Christian counselor who does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Basically they teach you how to challenge your thoughts and redirect your thinking to overcome the emotional state of the anxiety. I found this gentlemen by doing a search on my insurance companies website for what I was looking for in a counselor. I know many people on this forum have had great success with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. For me, I have had amazing success in simply coming to understand God's truth's in my life. It has been a miracle to me.

Well God Bless and hang in there! I know it is hard but you are not in an impossible situation there are answers.

Sincerely,

Carolyn N.