ACN Latitudes Forums

pots and pans

MARYANN

Hi everyone, Can anyone help me out. My doctor told me my daughter should not be using any can food and not to cook in medal coodware. She had her hair sampled and medal level was high.

Any recommendations on cookware. Do they make a glass frying pan? I guess I'll google that next.

Any suggestions. Thanks

I just purchased some enameled cast iron, which many feel is one of the safest types of cookware to use. I also have heard good things about Emile Henry ceramic cookware. I really wanted some of the Visions, but was told that they do not work well on a gas stove (which I have) so stopped looking. The Visions I found were also pretty pricey.

Just curious...

Is there any problem with stainless steel? I thought it was pretty inert. I have my daughter now drinking out of a stainless steel water bottle daily to avoid plastic water bottles. Any thoughts?

Calicat

P.S. There is also stoneware for the oven which is great stuff, and even clay bakers. Slow cookers usually have a ceramic insert, which is good. I have been thinking about cookware issues myself. For me, I am trying to replace any nonstick cookware with stainless steel, glass, ceramic, cast iron, and stoneware. Of course, trying to avoid all aluminum cookware. I'm also avoiding plastic more and more.

I have been getting a lot of my info from Dr. Mercola's website, which may not be totally unbiased as he does sell cookware. He thinks there may be a problem with stainless steel cookware because of it leaching nickel. If you google Mercola and stainless steel, an article should pop up.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to add on that I have continued to look into this. I found that Dr. Weil not only recommends stainless steel but has his own brand! I usually find his recommendations pretty trustworthy (but I must admit all the marketing does make it all a little more confusing). Since I had added in the info from Dr. Mercola, I wanted to bring up this "conflicting" opinion.

I don't want to add more confusion, but also ran across discussions on where the enameled cookware is made -- some are concerned about the fact that many brands are made in China (with the lead paint problems in children's toys. . .).

Also, I was able to find new Visions pots online at pretty reasonable prices!

Hi, Maryanne,

I was wondering if your daughter wears braces. Mine has braces and the homeopath thought that a nickel in braces could be a contrubiting factor to arguvating the ticks,

Does anyone has any experience with this?

Anna

Hi, Maryanne,

I was wondering if your daughter wears braces. Mine has braces and the homeopath thought that a nickel in braces could be a contrubiting factor to arguvating the ticks,

Does anyone has any experience with this?

Anna

Hi, Anna

My daughter does not wear braces. She had a high level of nickel and very high level of silver.

I don't understand how this happens. Did you have your child tested for medal?

He said my daughter had very poor absortion. Hope you find some answers!

Maryann