ACN Latitudes Forums

Advice on supplements

NicksMom

I am currently starting my 17 yr old on Natural Calm (mag) and through research here believe that I should add a multi vitamin and taurine. Is this a correct assumption? Also, should I add L Carnitine and which B vitamins? He suffers from a loud and persistent vocal tic. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nick's Mom,

I remember you said your son is reluctant to giving the gluten free diet a try. On the site www.enzymestuff.com it is reported that some people can "get away" with eating some gluten if they take digestive enzymes. One word of caution they report is that if someone with Celiac Disease eats gluten and takes enzymes they may actually get worse http://www.enzymestuff.com/conditionceliac.htm

We have found probiotics to be essential along with digestive enzymes. You would want to take the probiotics away from antibiotics though.

When starting supplements it is best to only add one at a time and wait a few days before adding another. That way if there is a negative reaction you have a better idea what caused it.

--Judy