ACN Latitudes Forums

Blood test results

annag

Yes he does have an unusual amount of uncommon metals in his blood labs for heavy metals. Plus he does have an overgrowth of yeast showing in his labs plus daily functions like he is kind of odd or drunk like. I am giving probiotics but he must need more which is the call for Nystatin I suppose. I have heard of dye off and am worried about the yeast coming out and causing worse behaviors then we are already seeing. We do the GF CF diet but seem to still have some odd behaviors like the constant cracking of hands and feet and OCD symptoms. Starting tomorrow I will add more supplements . I just could beat myself for ever giving him the flu shot in the past and the vaccines after the initial PANDAS. Now I have a nine month old girl that I am freaked out about giving another immunization with his past history and my autoimmune disorder. Thanks for your response about the DO. I think I am becomming obsessed with finding a treatment that works.

Michele

Hi Michele,

Our kids have special needs and it can be a scary place to be. However, being scared can be a good thing in that you will be more prune to ask questions, research etc to be convinced that the treatment being suggested is the right one for your child. Basically, I think if we find ourselves feeling uncomfortable or with more questions than answers then is the time to put up the stop sign.

To answer your question about the DO, the simple answer is that a DO is an Ostopathic Doctor. If you visit the following website you can learn more:

http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=ost_omed but the following is a quote from the site for ease of reference:

" .... You are more than just the sum of your body parts. That’s why doctors of osteopathic medicine (D.O.s) practice a “whole person” approach to health care. Instead of just treating specific symptoms, osteopathic physicians concentrate on treating you as a whole.

Osteopathic physicians understand how all the body’s systems are interconnected and how each one affects the others. They focus special attention on the musculoskeletal system, which reflects and influences the condition of all other body systems.

This system of bones and muscles makes up about twothirds of the body’s mass, and a routine part of the examination D.O.s give patients is a careful evaluation of these important structures. D.O.s know that the body’s structure plays a critical role in its ability to function. They can use their eyes and hands to identify structural problems and to support the body’s natural tendency toward health and self-healing.

Osteopathic physicians also use their ears to listen to you and your health concerns. D.O.s help patients develop attitudes and lifestyles that don’t just fight illness but also help prevent it. Millions of Americans prefer this concerned and compassionate care and have made D.O.s their physicians for life.

Hope that helps to give a better understanding of what DO's are all about. :)

No, nystatin was not prescribed for my daughter and is usually used to treat yeast type infections. We did have amino acids and vitamins compounded specific to her needs, based on the results of the spectracell test and her symptoms. We also did allergy testing and administered a short series of allergy shots, also based on the results of those tests.

Did the DAN identify a problem with metals in your son's system? I'm not very familiar with chelation therapy and no my daughter hasn't had it.

If I can be of any other assistance feel free to post!

Sherry

Yes he does have an unusual amount of uncommon metals in his blood labs for heavy metals. Plus he does have an overgrowth of yeast showing in his labs plus daily functions like he is kind of odd or drunk like. I am giving probiotics but he must need more which is the call for Nystatin I suppose. I have heard of dye off and am worried about the yeast coming out and causing worse behaviors then we are already seeing. We do the GF CF diet but seem to still have some odd behaviors like the constant cracking of hands and feet and OCD symptoms. Starting tomorrow I will add more supplements . I just could beat myself for ever giving him the flu shot in the past and the vaccines after the initial PANDAS. Now I have a nine month old girl that I am freaked out about giving another immunization with his past history and my autoimmune disorder. Thanks for your response about the DO. I think I am becomming obsessed with finding a treatment that works.

Michele

Hi Michele,

Our kids have special needs and it can be a scary place to be. However, being scared can be a good thing in that you will be more prune to ask questions, research etc to be convinced that the treatment being suggested is the right one for your child. Basically, I think if we find ourselves feeling uncomfortable or with more questions than answers then is the time to put up the stop sign.

To answer your question about the DO, the simple answer is that a DO is an Ostopathic Doctor. If you visit the following website you can learn more:

http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=ost_omed but the following is a quote from the site for ease of reference:

" .... You are more than just the sum of your body parts. That’s why doctors of osteopathic medicine (D.O.s) practice a “whole person” approach to health care. Instead of just treating specific symptoms, osteopathic physicians concentrate on treating you as a whole.

Osteopathic physicians understand how all the body’s systems are interconnected and how each one affects the others. They focus special attention on the musculoskeletal system, which reflects and influences the condition of all other body systems.

This system of bones and muscles makes up about twothirds of the body’s mass, and a routine part of the examination D.O.s give patients is a careful evaluation of these important structures. D.O.s know that the body’s structure plays a critical role in its ability to function. They can use their eyes and hands to identify structural problems and to support the body’s natural tendency toward health and self-healing.

Osteopathic physicians also use their ears to listen to you and your health concerns. D.O.s help patients develop attitudes and lifestyles that don’t just fight illness but also help prevent it. Millions of Americans prefer this concerned and compassionate care and have made D.O.s their physicians for life.

Hope that helps to give a better understanding of what DO's are all about. :)

No, nystatin was not prescribed for my daughter and is usually used to treat yeast type infections. We did have amino acids and vitamins compounded specific to her needs, based on the results of the spectracell test and her symptoms. We also did allergy testing and administered a short series of allergy shots, also based on the results of those tests.

Did the DAN identify a problem with metals in your son's system? I'm not very familiar with chelation therapy and no my daughter hasn't had it.

If I can be of any other assistance feel free to post!

Sherry

Hi All,

I am kinda new here, but, keeping it short, my almost 5 year old developed sudden onset vocal tics and OCD this past July. My older son, 7, then developed two mild motor tics suddenly this past summer too, both shortly after a strep infection. My older son has shown no other symptoms, and his tics only come out when under a lot of stress. My younger son is a different story. OCD/Anxiety/Tics/separation anxiety, etc. It was a terrible couple of weeks, I didn't eat, sleep, etc. and had no idea what the heck was happeneing to my kids, we were so scared. After much research, we finally found out about PANDAS, it fit to a T. Now we are looking for treatments. My son is almost symptom free now, still mild ocd/tics, soooooo much better than he was. We had blood work done for the titers, both negative, but this wasn't done until 3 months after symptoms, so, the fact that he is almost asymptomatic now, with normal titers makes sense and does not rule out PANDAS. What I want to know is why haven't I heard of anyone considering IVIG? This procedure can actually take care of the problem FOR GOOD! It works either way your system needs it, by modulating it. My research indicated a one-time treatment , given over a two day period, with only 1 year of preventative antibiotic, is likely to take care of the problem for good, even in the event of strep again. We are considering this for our son, to catch this early and prevent recurrences and future problems. There are many documented dramatic success stories with PANDAS kids and IVIG. I guess I don't understand why I don't see it mentioned anywhere in these posts, has anyone looked into it or considered it (besides PANDAS Denmark)? Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks..God Bless.

kelly