ACN Latitudes Forums

Great news.

I wanted to let everyone know, especially Jeff and Sheila, that for the first time in about 10 months, I did not hear my child gasp all day. The only thing that caused this reaction is we have totally cut out food additives, preservatives/MSG (Feingold program-with a few exceptions based on Sue Dengate Fed Up With Asthma website) I have a few other theories of what is triggering this. She presents with a high citric acid cycle and I question the metabolism/respiratory chain link and/or food intolerance/immunity link. Scared to death to have to get her immunized again (MMR coming up in about a year-she reacted to it the first time around.) Does anyone else feel that immunizations may further negatively effect a tic disorder. Anyway, give me luck and prayers that we get the same positive reaction today. lherbert

Day 2 was successful as well without a single gasp. All linked to not putting food additives/preservatives in her body. Yeah!!! Now, I am getting fired up that I have been researthing and stressing myself out for over a year now and in the meanwhile, I've been "poisining" my child while the doctors say "we can put her on Haldol." Something is so wrong with this picture. Anyway, thanks to Latitudes, I feel like I am on the right track. I will be going to an Environmental Doctor on July 8th. I am looking for some input on what tests to request. Could this tic be metabolic/nutrition/allergic/or immune system related or do they all role up to be synonomous with one another and, if so, do I attempt to give my child her next round of immunizations? Looking for suggestions. Thanks. lherbert

Guest Guest_Debbie

Wow, that is so great to hear about your daughter! You must be so excited & relieved.

As for the vaccination question, I have done a lot of reading on the subject and I think the best resource is a book called Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide by Aviva Jill Romm.

mrindianajonesprm, I am curious to hear what errors you feel the article has. I've read it a couple of times & nothing stood out for me.

Hi lherbert. That is fantastic news that you've had success with eliminating the additives. Isn't it amazing!! It makes one wonder about all the ADHD, bad behavior, etc. that we see in our children these days. It makes one shutter to see a child walking around with a bag of Skittles and some red Gatorade! I'll never forget when our family was at a baseball game and the family in front of us was constantly scolding their7-year old girl for not sitting still, non-stop talking, etc. All this while she sucked on a bottle of red Mountain Dew and ate a bag of Twizzlers. Later, they bought her a red snow cone. Poor kid didn't have a chance. She was being poisoned and they never even suspected. She had virtually no control over her behavior.

And we see this all the time. We have to keep spreading the word about food additives, supplements, etc.

I hope for continued success for you and your little one. What a difference you have already made in her future!

I hope to see your success updates on the FG board too!

Jeff

Guest Jennifer

Dear Iherbert,

That is so wonderful that your child is doing better. As far as vaccines having anything to do with tic disorders? Definately, I know this from personal experience. If you haven't allready, I recommend you read "Children with Starving Brains" by Dr. Jaqueline McCandless. It is a book about autism spectrum disorder and tic disordres fall into that category. Another good place for information about vaccines is www.909shot.com. Vaccines contain mercury, aluminum, and formaldahyde just to name a few of the ingredients. I urge all parents to be fully informed before vaccinating. The possible side effects and the time period during which they happen are much different from the what is explained in the paperwork you get from your doctor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Guest_efgh

Good to know about your daughter. How is she doing now? What are the food items you avoided? Can you please tell me the food items which are termed as culprits as per "Sue Dengate Fed Up With Asthma" so that I can try avoiding the same for tics since my asthmatic son has tics too.