ACN Latitudes Forums

Off topic need advice

trubiano

Totally off the topic of our children I have a question. I recently had blood work done and my Copper level came back high. My first thought was to come here and ask all you experts what this means! My Doctor told me not to worry about it. I'm not taking a multivitamin so how am I getting high copper levels? My children's tests aren't back yet, but I was hoping to find some answers on myself. Is this dangerous or normal? Can I start taking a multivitamin even though they all have copper in them? My Iron level was low and he wants me to start a multi with iron. Thanks!

copper is supposed to help with iron absorption. I find it interesting that you are low in iron and high in copper. Iron poor anemia that is not corrected with iron supps is a sign of celiac's disease. Something to think about if the iron supps don't correct your deficiency. Many foods are high in copper: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=n...ent&dbid=53

Our son (who tested positive for wheat allergy) was very high in copper. He was given molybendum to help bring down copper levels. BTW testing was done just after gluten free diet was enacted (so will act as a sort of baseline for us). We will have him retested after six months. I would be curious to see if there are any changes.

Pharmax makes a copper free vitamin (also iron free, though.)

hope this helps

Caryn