ACN Latitudes Forums

Permanent Retainer?

Spartan32

Hi, I was reading some of the posts about mercury and never thought of something. When my tic(head shake which is still present) began again back in 2003... it was about 2 months after I got my bottom set of braces on. After I got my braces off, they put a permanent retainer on both my upper and lower teeth. It is metal and I never really thought of that contributing to anything until now. Anyone have any experience with that?

Also, I can not decide which magnesium to buy. Taurate did not work out for me. I read that it may not be best to take calicum and magnesium together originally for some reason if you have a deficiancy? I was considering this one..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nl/mag.html

Any thoughts?

Spartan32,

My oldest son has braces and I have mixed feelings. I can't say that he had any noticable increase in tics, but I don't know enough about the composition of them and whether or not they could leech anything that might bother a sensitive person. I do know that metal utensils can cause sensory issues. My son, and at least one other Mom here (her son), have talked about a preference for plastic utensils. There is also the possibility that dental sealants or the glue that they cement the brackets on with, could have bothered you.

This page might give you a little help with magnesium forms. We use Bontech Mag Taurate, but I also have a bottle of Mag citrate by Twin labs, 100 capsules $8.99. I take it, and my oldest son will use it, occasionally too. It's 400 mgs. where the mag taurate is 50, so less capusles to swallow. He will take this on days when he hasn't used the Bontech vits, and feels he needs it. We use Citracal petites with D, for calcium. They are 200mgs, small and coated, so easy to swallow. There has been some discussion about lead (a real threat...you need to carefully reseach your calcium supplements!) in calcium. This one was supposed to have tested lead free.

Without testing, it's hard to say, if avoiding calcium is good or bad to start with. I have read this too, and think for certain people, it may be best. It just depends on where the problem is. Again, testing is the only way to know for sure.

http://www.enzymestuff.com/magnesium.htm

HTH :lol: