ACN Latitudes Forums

food allergies

bmom

Just something I was reading and thinking about. On the MSNBC website today it talked about a boy who had severe food allergies and was limited to eating only a few foods daily. It said he didnt have signs until 4 which was vomitting. By 6 he was pretty ill and by 10 he was extremely ill until they discovered it was food allergies. I was just wondering if this could be related to tics. They seem to build up like this and are worst at 10-12. So, it shows that possibly food allergies do sometimes progress like this. Dont start until later and get worse. I know some parents think how could my child be reacting to food that he has always eaten. Just found it to be related as my sons Dr. said we know how people react to allergies-hives, etc. Not always so!!!!

When my son got tested for allergies, he had a sensitivity to milk, which I expected, because he wanted to eat cereal with milk, twenty-four seven. So we changed him to soy milk, and the doctor said he wouldn't be surprised if he got intolerant to soy milk sometime later. He recommends you only eat the same foods four days apart, to hopefully prevent them from becoming a sensitivity, or allergen. His eye rolling tic stopped after he got off of cow's milk.

My 12 year old son has a lot of delayed food allergies. These were determined through IgG testing. An allergist would most likely test for allergies which cause an immediate reaction and are IGE allergies. Here is a link to a table that explains the difference well http://www.optimumhealthresource.com/validation/delimm.html

My son was initially very nauseous following treatment for Lyme Disease. We learned he was gluten intolerant. He became quite healthy after removing gluten from his diet. Then 3 years later he started with a lot of GI symptoms again. We did delayed food allergy testing (there are a lot of labs where you can self order this test) and learned he had allergies to dairy, soy, eggs, legumes, citrus, and nuts. After removing these foods from his diet he did well for another year. Then the vocal tics and anxiety started.

--Judy

My 12 year old son has a lot of delayed food allergies. These were determined through IgG testing. An allergist would most likely test for allergies which cause an immediate reaction and are IGE allergies. Here is a link to a table that explains the difference well http://www.optimumhealthresource.com/validation/delimm.html

My son was initially very nauseous following treatment for Lyme Disease. We learned he was gluten intolerant. He became quite healthy after removing gluten from his diet. Then 3 years later he started with a lot of GI symptoms again. We did delayed food allergy testing (there are a lot of labs where you can self order this test) and learned he had allergies to dairy, soy, eggs, legumes, citrus, and nuts. After removing these foods from his diet he did well for another year. Then the vocal tics and anxiety started.

--Judy

How is he now? We have many of the same problems. We have started NAET treatments this week, we will see how that goes.

Imcqill,

What are you treating with NAET? I don't see a direct impact on my son's tics but over the course of treatment and along with chiropractic and CST, i do see improvement.

Another thing i like about NAET is that my son is able to eat everything. It is so hard to avoid wheat & dairy, esp when the kids are young & in school.

Your NAET practioners may have explained this to you already, but i want to let you know that you may see more symptoms after the 25 hrs. avoidance period. The increased symptoms will pass within anywhere in a few hours to a few days. This is our past experience.

Good luck!

Pat

Patty,

when you say your son can eat anything now, what exactly do you attribute that to? Was it because he was treated for different food sensitivities as determined by the muscle testing? If so, then in a way, doesn't that at least prevent any worsening in the tics that you might have gotten from the eating of those foods? What were the allergy foods they treated? And how did you know it worked, I mean what was the symptom of consuming a food he was sensitive to (if he was).

Thanks

Faith

faith,

My son had asthma since 5 mos. old every time he gets a cold. He also had ezcema when he was young and outgrew that in a few years. Then he developed nasal allergies like stuffy nose and sneezing. The only food allergy he has is peanut. Since my son had asthma, i always suspected food sensitivities but did not get tested until he was about 5.

So when my son had the sudden onset of tics i decided to take the allergy approach and to calm the nervous system. Therefore, we have done alot of energy treatments. The IGg test ran by the ND confirmed his food sensitivites, your basic wheat/gluten, dairy, yeast...

When my son first had tics, everything seems to be a trigger. I did not see any pattern from food. I did initially avoided his major food sensitivities and slowly added them back into his diet as we treated them with NAET. He now eats everything in moderation, with the exception of MSG, artificial flavor & food coloring and preservatives. Although he was treated for these items, we still avoid them whenever possible simply becasue it is not good for you.

As i had mentioned before, i don't see an immediate reduction in tics after NAET treatment, but over time, along with lifestyle change, other energy treatments & magnesium supplement (currently he is on 44mg/day), i do see substantial improvement. I believe it is the comprehensive approach that helps and not one particular thing. However, i do believe NAET is largely responsible for eliminating my son's asthma and his nasal allergies is much improved. Also, i do notice CST is beneficial to my son's tic reduction. I do recommend others with children giving CST a try because it is noninvasive and can have some pretty good result. Just be selective when finding a practitioner, as i have already gone thru 2 and on the 3rd one and she is probably most experienced and qualified. I am happy with the result i am seeing in my son and we only had 4 appointments.

I hope this answer your questions. I know you are very specific & anlaytical, so i want to give you as much info & be as concise as i can.

Pat

Patty, Just curious, after doing all of this you say your son has improved. Where would you rate his tics now? very mild-hardly noticable, mild, moderate, severe? I also just read Denis Buzbuzian book about Tourettes that talks highly about cranial sacral.