ACN Latitudes Forums

Sensitive to Flashing Lights

kallik

My son seems to be sensitive to flashing lights, just now on t.v. his eyes acted up to the lightning on the Goosebumps show he is watching. His eyes will roll when we get out in the bright sunshine after being indoors. Isn't there something about a sensitivity to flashing lights? And doesn't that mean you are deficient in something? Thanks.

Sensitivity to light and sound is one of many symptoms of pyroluria, a double deficiency of B6 and zinc. Too many kryptopyrroles are produced in the blood and bind with B6 and zinc. They are excreted in the urine thus leaving the person deficient. It is hereditary. A simple urine test will determine if it is present. We have dealt with this in our family and have seen drastic improvements with added zinc. (Too much zinc could be toxic, so don't do it if you haven't been tested). Other symptoms include irritability, difficulty reading, white spots on nails, etc. There is a whole host of stuff. I wrote a piece about it on my blog. Seems to get a lot of traffic. http://healthy-family.org/caryn/63

Caryn

Thanks for all the help and comments. I've thought about doing a pyroluria test on my son in the past. I think it's a good test to get done as soon as we can. His doctor in Houston said he has the proper minerals, but they are not getting to the places they need to go. He did a body terrain test on him. Maybe he'll agree to consult with the MD who looks at the pyroluria test. If not I wonder if our general practitioner will. Proabably not. Did your sons test positive for pyroluria? Thanks.