ACN Latitudes Forums

Have to post this

kim

Just to keep everyone who is following the news coming out of the California Autism numbers report (continuing to rise with lower levels of thimerosal exposure thru vaccination).............

Remember there have been THREE seperate studies showing a higher incidence of tics in boys with higher thimerosal exposure.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2007/12/index.html

http://www.ageofautism.com/2007/12/emails-from-cdc.html#more

EMAILS FROM CDC AND FDA ON VACCINES AND MERCURY

By Twyla Ramos

Has Mercury Really Been Removed from Vaccines?

Last month I emailed the CDC to ask this question:

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 1:19 AM

To: CDC Public Inquiry

Subject: mercury in vaccines

I understand that thimerosal is no longer used as a preservative in most vaccines, except for most flu shots and vaccines shipped to other countries.

Have you been wondering just how much thimerosal is considered a "trace

amount" by the FDA and who, if anyone, is testing mercury content in

currently licensed vaccines?

Congressman Burton is wondering the same thing - and he's asking the FDA

for answers.

Click here to read his letter. (pdf)

http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/pdf/burtonfda.pdf

http://www.injuryboard.com/national-news/p...?googleid=29202

Parents Say California Autism Study is Flawed

Posted by Jane Akre

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:51 PM EST

Critics say the premise of a newly published study that discounts

thimerosal's link to autism is flawed.

The study, published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, finds that

the number of autism cases among California children continued to

increase from January 1995 to March 2007 despite the discontinuance of

the mercury containing preservative in vaccines.

Therefore the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS)

concludes that, "The

DDS data do not show any recent decrease in autism in California

despite the exclusion of more than trace levels of thimerosal from

nearly all childhood vaccines. The DDS data do not support the

hypothesis that exposure to thimerosal during childhood is a primary

cause of autism."

Critics say the premise of the study is wrong.

Rick Rollens tells IB News, "The conclusions in the study are flawed

and premature, and does nothing to exonerate vaccines, particularly

mercury containing vaccines, as a cause of California's autism

epidemic," he said.

Rollens is the father of a 17-year-old son with autism.

He is also the co-founder of the University of California Davis

M.I.N.D. Institute and a member of the California Legislative Blue

Ribbon Commission on Autism, which helped craft a 2006 law in the

state mandating that all of the mercury-based preservative be removed

from childhood vaccines.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I understanding correctly that the numbers for autism are NOT going down, despite thimerasol being taken out of vaccines since around 2003 or so?

Also, just to mention, in my area (NY) we receved notice of a student at our local high school having been diagnosed with meningococcal meningitis. They sent home info to all the schools in the area. Of course, info about the vaccine Menactra is mentioned in the letter and recommended for ages 11-55. Now I guess everyone will flock to get that...... -_-

Faith

Yes, Faith that's what the media is reporting.

If you click on the link for the 3rd article and read the whole thing, it goes into some detail about why it's premature to draw these conclusions. I am not convinced of anything except that the TRUTH is desperately needed. Personally, I will never feel comfortable about the whole program until a study is done of vaccinated Vs unvaccinated kids, and from what I understand, that probably will not happen anytime soon.

I have to think of the remark made by one of the Dr.s at Simpsonwood. He said something like....we don't see this kind of genetic change in decades (meaning genetics cannot be responsible for the huge increase in ASD in recent years). Anyway, I'm watching for news from both sides, on this.

Are there any studies on the manufacturer of the vaccine and the level of "issues"? My older son has no tics. My younger son was vaccinated in a different office....and now has "just tics" (don't bother with trying to treat with vitamins or controlling food, according to my nuerologist...whole other issue!!!) My two nephews were vaccinated at the same Dr. office. One has TS and the other has ADHD/Dislexia/LD.....I am just wondering if there is a link...other than genetic predisposition.

Also, I found a video by a Dr. Dan something that explained that the nuerological issues could be stemming from the immune system kicking up so fast and attacking the brain. I can not find that sight anymore...but it told me that the link is just not to thermisol, but to vaccines and the bodies reaction. Has anyone else seen that video. I found it when researching the "dans" (?)doctors.

Tracey,

Are there any studies on the manufacturer of the vaccine and the level of "issues"? My older son has no tics. My younger son was vaccinated in a different office....and now has "just tics" (don't bother with trying to treat with vitamins or controlling food, according to my nuerologist...whole other issue!!!) My two nephews were vaccinated at the same Dr. office. One has TS and the other has ADHD/Dislexia/LD.....I am just wondering if there is a link...other than genetic predisposition.
When I read your post, my first thought was "not likely." Then I remembered an article I read some time ago about a vaccine manufacturer "whistleblower." He made a remark about someone joking in the manufacturing facility about.... wondering how they would all look in prison orange. The procedures that were supposed to be in place regarding the manufacturing, were not being followed.

I don't know what quantity a Dr. office would order vaccines in, or if they stick with the same manufacturer or not. Were all of the kids vaccinated close together?

I have heard of "hot lots" of vaccines, but the reporting of adverse events is so lacking, that it really has to be a glaring problem for one to be identified (my understanding).

If you search something like "Whistleblower Vaccines" you will probably come across the article.

Here's one. Scroll down to INTERVIEW WITH A FORMER VACCINE RESEARCHER.

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/VaccineResearcher.html

Excerpt:

Vaccine contamination

Q: Now, you worked in labs where purity is an issue.

A: The public believes that these labs, these manufacturing facilities, are the cleanest places in the world. That is not true. Contamination occurs all the time. You get all sorts of debris introduced into vaccines.

Q: For example, the SV40 monkey virus slips into the polio vaccine.

A: Well yes, that happened. But that's not what I mean. The SV40 got into the polio vaccine because the vaccine was made by using monkey kidneys. But I'm talking about something else. The actual lab conditions. The mistakes. The careless errors

Also, I found a video by a Dr. Dan something that explained that the nuerological issues could be stemming from the immune system kicking up so fast and attacking the brain. I can not find that sight anymore...but it told me that the link is just not to thermisol, but to vaccines and the bodies reaction. Has anyone else seen that video. I found it when researching the "dans" (?)doctors.

In an instance where a child/person clearly has an autoimmune disease, yes, certain vaccines have been shown as being causual. For instance, Guillain-Barré. The problem i see, we have no proof (so far) that these "harmless tics" (I understood your frustration there) are an autoimmune problem as in a "brain attack."

PANDAS would be a seperate issue, TS may be a seperate issue and simple tic with or without ADD, ADHD, etc. maybe another. I just don't think enough people have been looking at the immune system long enough or hard enough to know yet. I do believe that's changing. I have a lot of hope for new info from the researchers at the MIND Institute. It was designed to have immunologist, epidemiologist, rheumatologist, etc. (forgive spelling there!) under one roof. It has been said, that different people have different parts of the puzzle, but noone knows what the other guys work is showing. Now, maybe that will change.

As I said earlier, it may be a problem with inflammation. Certain cells involved in the immune system may stop functioning too quickly or not quickly enough. They should do their job and then commit suicide (apoptosis). There may be a faulty mechanism there, in some people. The theories and possiblities are almost endless presently. What ever is going on, it's affecting a lot of people neurologically. Right now common sense tells me that the current vaccine schedule is not a good idea. When I read the copy of the letterI signed, authorizing my youngest son's Hep B birth dose. I just can't imagine why it didn't sound any alarm bells.

I better end this right now, or I'll be getting into all kinds of things that make ya go -_-

Oh yea, what was the question ^_^