ACN Latitudes Forums

Have to post this

kim

Guest Broderick's Mom

I'm new to this site and so glad I found it. Coincidentally my mother clipped an article out of our local paper on the 27th entitled "CDC: Vaccine preservative does not raise neurological risks" by Alicia Chang, Associated Press. The article does state "Boys exposed to higher mercury levels seemed to have more tic problems- a link seen in previous research. Here's our story: Broderick was born in July 1995, five weeks early, diagnosed with jaundice, and fully immunized. I signed those vaccine forms again and again, never questioning, beyond a nagging fear of the "adverse" effects that they listed. His tics were first noticed in third grade, seemed to resolve midway through 4th grade, and came back with a vengeance last March (6th grade). He's been heavily prescribed antibiotics over the years, first for ear infections, then bronchitis and sinus problems. He also was diagnosed with asthma, and I'm pretty sure has gotten the flu shot almost every year. This whole link to the vaccines is making me sick. I'm going to request his current vaccine records today when we visit his pediatrician and start there. We're currently going to an environmental medicine MD as well to pursue food/allergy testing and heavy metal testing. If anyone has any similar profiles I'd love to hear from you. I'm not sure what can be done about all this but hopefully, collectively, we can get some more exposure.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to this site and so glad I found it. Coincidentally my mother clipped an article out of our local paper on the 27th entitled "CDC: Vaccine preservative does not raise neurological risks" by Alicia Chang, Associated Press. The article does state "Boys exposed to higher mercury levels seemed to have more tic problems- a link seen in previous research. Here's our story: Broderick was born in July 1995, five weeks early, diagnosed with jaundice, and fully immunized. I signed those vaccine forms again and again, never questioning, beyond a nagging fear of the "adverse" effects that they listed. His tics were first noticed in third grade, seemed to resolve midway through 4th grade, and came back with a vengeance last March (6th grade). He's been heavily prescribed antibiotics over the years, first for ear infections, then bronchitis and sinus problems. He also was diagnosed with asthma, and I'm pretty sure has gotten the flu shot almost every year. This whole link to the vaccines is making me sick. I'm going to request his current vaccine records today when we visit his pediatrician and start there. We're currently going to an environmental medicine MD as well to pursue food/allergy testing and heavy metal testing. If anyone has any similar profiles I'd love to hear from you. I'm not sure what can be done about all this but hopefully, collectively, we can get some more exposure.

Broderick's Mom - yes our cases seem alot alike. Our son was born Dec. 1996 and he to was jaundice. We followed all the vaxination requirements like we thought we were suppose to do. Never once did we ever know about Thermasol or Mercury or Tics or Tourettes. Then, about the 3Rd grade all of this started. Please let us know what we need to do to get this ban wagon going. I am going to post on the Davis Kirby website and I am going to try to get a message to Oprah as well. We need some exposure on this thing and get the word out. If it is anything at all to this our kids deserve to be heard and a nation wide study done, then something done to help all that have been affected. Please anyone let us know what all we need to do. I am with everyone 100%.

I wanted to tell you all, that it does not appear that my oldest son, who was jaundiced, was vaccinated with the birth dose of Hep B. I requested and paid for copies from the hospital of their birth records. My oldest was born in 1992. It seems that some Dr.s did not immediately follow all of the required vaccines, according to the recommended time of administration, as soon as they were added to the to the schedule.

The other possibility is that the Pediatrician was not for vaccinating a jaundiced baby.

I believe some of the Peds have had their doubts/concerns, about some of these vaccines too.

sick a lot...yes

Both boys were ill frequently. Lots of strep for both, ear infections for oldest, body aches every morning for oldest (prior to starting supplements), both had enlarged (I mean big) lymph nodes in their necks.

Post showed up on Kirby site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/...s-_b_66007.html

Please, anyone with any interest, just post.

You can say, you had no idea, describe symptoms, say you are investigating vax records, anything!

Just show them that we are out there, and should be counted amongst the increasing #'s or have credible evidence to the contrary.

Show them there is interest in this research on a correlation btwn thimerosal/mercury (period!) and tics disorders!

Just wanted to add this link in case anyone missed it in the David Kirby blog:

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/09...rosal-ques.html

<_<

Faith

I think you would probably like to read this now too. These are some statements that were made at Simpsonwood. There is just no credibility left, when these "studies" are done.

Notice the way they kept talking about transparency in the article Faith posted? It's laughable, what they are trying to do there. They made it IMPOSSIBLE for independent researcher to get at studies that were used. They talked about how the thimerosal studies should have never been done in the first place. They talked about how to make the #'s of association less significant.......

Read this;

http://www.safeminds.org/legislation/foia/...od_Overview.pdf

this maybe some of the same info, but there are also explanations about the statements that may help you understand what they are talking about, on this site.

http://www.putchildrenfirst.org/chapter2.html

This statetment from first link about alum is very frightening too ...bolding mine

Dr. Weil: Page 24: “One, up until this last discussion we have been talking about chronic exposure. I think it’s

clear to me anyway that we are talking about a problem that is probably more related to bolus acute exposures, and

we also need to know that the migration problems and some of the other developmental problems in the central

nervous system go on for quite a period after birth. But from all of the other studies of toxic substances, the earlier

you work with the central nervous system, the more likely you are to run into a sensitive period for one of these

effects, so that moving from one month or one day of birth to six months of birth changes enormously the potential

for toxicity. There are just a host of neurodevelopmental data that would suggest that we’ve got a serious problem.

The earlier we go, the more serious the problem. The second point I could make is that in relationship to

aluminum, being a nephrologist for a long time, the potential for aluminum and central nervous system toxicity

was established by dialysis data. To think there isn’t some possible problem here is unreal.”

Shared by a poster thru PM, this morning

http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/Bush%2...%20Vaccines.asp

The White House stated on Tuesday that President Bush would veto the FY 2008 HHS-Labor-Education Appropriations Bill because of the cost and "objectionable provisions" such as a measure to ban the use of childhood flu vaccines that contain thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative, a press release from Autism advocacy group Safe Minds on the PRNewswire-USNewswire states.
and

Dr Haley has also pointed out that it is also well known by any good biochemist that thimerosal and aluminum react dangerously when combined together. Given that Aluminum is a compound added to many vaccines as a catalyst you would think the government would have heeded this warning, yet it has still done nothing

Here is a study that is referred to in this article. Ethyl mercury is what is contained in the vaccines. Methyl mercury is what is found in fish and air (coal burning enery plants etc.) There have been questions regarding how long they are retained, and what damage may occur, in people who are able to excrete normally

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...i?artid=1280369

Environews

Science Selections

Thimerosal and Animal Brains: New Data for Assessing Human Ethylmercury Risk

I will be adding my post soon Kim...just looking for a file I kept earlier on my son's vaccines as we started them while still in s.africa and continued when we moved here when he was 2yo :( He started the eye blinking/rolling shortly thereafter. In our case, even tho we have a clear family history of TS on my husband's side, yet I still feel the vaccinations were one of the triggers for the gene switching on in my younger son.

I know I have mentioned before that I also think the middle school vaccines may have contributed to the onset of the Crohn's

I was heartbroken to hear that a friend of mine's grandson, already compromised by strong drugs that his mom had to take for a thyroid condition while pregnant, was given 4 vaccination shots in one session (one being DPT) at just 2 months <_<

Looks like we have two posts on the Kirby site......

Please take a moment and post!!!!! It's a start

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/...s-_b_66007.html

Even if you don't think vaccines played any part in your childs condition, research into this area can only help :)

I registered for account on Tuesday and did recieve a "thank you" from them, but no verification of account enabling me to post, (even sent a reply back stating this). ..... anyone else having this problem? ... ^_^ .. another ploy to silence us!??

Faith

Cheri,

Any participation on your part, can only be a huge help. An eloquent, "Cheri posts" would be just what the Dr. ordered, pun intended!

Faith, did you notice that little url under the article, that you were supposed to copy into the area where you registered?

Maybe you left that out? When you visit that site again, you should see a box, where you can post. Does that come up now?

I have been pursuing this, with posting to a few other groups. I had to stay away from this topic for a few days, to focus on some family events, but plan to resume this week! I did leave a post on the Generation Rescue site http://www.rescuepost.com/rescue_post/2007...-.html#comments. Haven't sent one to David Kirby yet, but plan to, if the address Carolyn provided still works.

Just a sidenote, the Montel show is asking for stories of recovered children, due to Jenny McCarthy's recent appearances. One group posted an address, asking for parents with recovered children (we are talking autism...not TS, for anyone new to this thread) to send an email to The View, to back up Jenny's claims of recovery. Since I have those two address, I may attempt an email there too. I will post those address's here, in case anyone else is interested.

This statement burned me just a little. My first thought was, if I were on this board, and I saw reports of an increased incidence of tics with higher thimerosal exposure, in three studies, I would be at least a little curious. However, Dr. Mink seems to quickly dismiss a connection. Had to wonder why.

WebMD asked pediatric neurologist Jonathan W. Mink, MD, PhD, to comment on the CDC study. Mink is chief of child neurology at the University of Rochester, N.Y., and co-chairman of the scientific advisory board for the Tourette Syndrome Association. He was not involved in the CDC study.

"Tics are seen quite commonly in kids with autism. But most kids with tics don't have autism," Mink tells WebMD. "The bottom line is that the rate of tics here is well within the rate we would expect to see in 7- to 10-year-old kids. Some of them have transient tics, which would go away, and some have tics that will never be a problem."

The bottom line, Mink says, is that the study gives "no reason to think that thimerosal or vaccination causes tics."

From this, a couple of things jumped out at me

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:5Oe1US...;cd=1&gl=us

A better understanding of TS and more

effective treatments are needed. From September 10

to September 12, 93 scientists, clinicians and

representatives of the pharmaceutical industry met to

exchange ideas and insights into both basic science

and treatment options at a unique conference

entitled: Developing New Treatments for Tourette

Syndrome: Clinical and Basic Science Dialogue.

and this was quite interesting

This was the second year of a medical education

partnership

between the Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which resulted

in revenue of $686,669.

I wonder why the CDC decided to form this relationship 2 years ago.

It might be important to keep an eye on who these people are eating their lobster with, in some instances.

Please feel free to point out the wonderful things that this assoc. may have accomplished. I could use some good stories for balance here.

I also seem to remember, when the Denmark article came out saying that the incidence of TS seemed to be increasing along with autism and other neurological disorders, it was stated that the data for TS, in the US was insufficient in an article published here around the same time. I wondered why the data was not available here?

Michele,

These are the remarks, that I was referring to, on the other thread. Forgive me, if I'm getting some facts wrong here.

When you were talking about your daughter (and in light of your sons history) I just thought it might be worth pointing this out. I'm not sure if his fever was in relationship to the strep or the vaccines, since they occured at roughly the same time.

I always wondered if the fever threshold brought on the PANDAS.
and

I am paranoid that my baby will get the fever and am constantly watching her every blink

Remember, all of the evidence so far, points to an antibody attack on the brain with the PANDAS portion of tic syndromes, not brain damage from fever. Again, I guess all of the questions are far from answered, but I haven't seen anything that points to fever being the problem.

When reading those remarks, all I could think of, was how the peds that we used to see, would recommend tylenol prior to vaccination and then later, if they seemed uncomfortable. By now you probably know the association btwn tylenol and the lowering of glutathione. This may occur with extended use, but I don't think it is really known, exactly what effect this may be having. Consider these remarks from the Simpsonwood transcripts, look at the remark about antipyretics.

Dr. Meyers, pg. 231: "Can I go back to the core issue about the research? My own concern, and a couple of you said it, there is an association between vaccines and outcome that worries both parents and pediatricians. We don’t really know what that outcome is, but it is one that worries us and there is an association with vaccines. We keep jumping back to Thimerosal, but a number of us are concerned that Thimerosal may be less likely than some of the potential associations that have been made. Some of the potential associations are number of injections, number of antigens, other additives. We mentioned aluminum and I mentioned yesterday aluminum and mercury. Antipyretics and analgesics are better utilized when vaccines are given. And then every body mentioned all of the ones that we can't think about in this quick time period that are a part of this association, and yet all of the questions I hear we are asking have to do with Thimerosal. My concern is we need to ask the questions about the other potential associations, because we are going to the Thimerosal-free vaccine. I f many of us don't think that this is a plausible association because of the levels and so on, then we are missing looking for the association that may be the important one."

Dr. Caserta, pg. 234: "One of the things I learned at the Aluminum Conference in Puerto Rico that was tied into the metal lines in biology and medicine that I never really understood before, is the interactive effect of different metals when they are together in the same organism. It is not the same as when they are alone, and I think it would be foolish for us not to include aluminum as part of our thinking with this."

I wanted to touch on this Michele, since I wish I could take back, the use of the tylenol with my boys. I am way more prone to view a fever, as a friend .....with ordinary illness, not vaccines, than I used to.

I would just hate to see you dose your daughter with fever reducers, for this fear, if it could be contributing to the problem. Since you have a DAN, you might want to run this by him. I would have done things differently with my youngest son, had I have known any of this earlier. I didn't have a chance to know if it would have made a difference. I just do not believe this is strictly genetic, in many cases

Kim,

could you elaborate (or simplify) the implication of the tylenol. Are you saying that using tylenol before and/or after the vaccines is potentially not good due to lowering of glutathione that may in turn reduce the detoxification process? Or just tylenol not good in general, as it contains aluminum (if it does, don't know, is that what you meant?)?

Thanks

Faith