ACN Latitudes Forums

N-acetyl-glucosamine

Mike

"N-acetyl-glucosamine

In their recent publication Swedo at al. used N-acetyl-glucosamine effectively to block the nerve receptors presumed to be "attacked" by the auto immune antibodies in PANDAS. Taking into consideration that this compound is readily available, that does not have any known side effects and is inexpensive, N-acetyl-glucosamine could be conceivably used as an adjunct to therapy in PANDAS recurrences."

Has anyone tried this? What dosages did you use?

http://www.webpediatrics.com/pandas.html

Here is the link. I take it for RA and I give it to my son for PANDAS symptoms. My brand is Source Naturals NAG. 500 MG. We take one a day.

"N-acetyl-glucosamine

In their recent publication Swedo at al. used N-acetyl-glucosamine effectively to block the nerve receptors presumed to be "attacked" by the auto immune antibodies in PANDAS. Taking into consideration that this compound is readily available, that does not have any known side effects and is inexpensive, N-acetyl-glucosamine could be conceivably used as an adjunct to therapy in PANDAS recurrences."

"N-acetyl-glucosamine

Here is an email from Dr. Swedo-

"Thanks for sending me the link and the information. We never used

N-acetyl-glucosamine in any trials however! It's an interesting idea,

but we haven't conducted any studies on it and have no advice about its

utility. -Sue"

I wrote the website to see what their source really was.

Good work Mike! I asked Dr. Murphy and she gave me the same reply! She said I will have to ask Susan Sweedo because we have worked closely together and I have not heard of this study. She questioned the source of the article. I brought it along for her to read. However, Dr. Murphy did know of research on NAC nutritional and its benefits for decreasing neurotoxicity.

Michele

"N-acetyl-glucosamine

Here is an email from Dr. Swedo-

"Thanks for sending me the link and the information. We never used

N-acetyl-glucosamine in any trials however! It's an interesting idea,

but we haven't conducted any studies on it and have no advice about its

utility. -Sue"

I wrote the website to see what their source really was.