ACN Latitudes Forums

Tourette Syndrome - Spectrum Disorder

Hey, Paul. Welcome! I saw your site and it's great. Always looking for resources myself. LKay :P

Thank you, be sure to sign the guestbook and let me know when you were there. It is always nice to see who is around and from where. I have a group for updates I find, if you are interested send me a message here mrindianajonesprm@msn.com and I will get you some info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeff

Hi Paul, I wasn't able to open your website - perhaps a firewall issue - but, I always like to share our success story related to TS. I have tics related to TS - so do my daughters - and we are able to control them very well by eliminating certain additives from our diet. The worst culprits for us are artificial colors and artificial flavors. Many families have eliminated these additives to successfully control their children's ADD/ADHD; we have been able to use it to virtually eliminate our tics.

Check out the Feingold diet (feingold.org) for more info. It has really been a lifesaver for us. I would love for more familes with TS to try it and see if it helps them too.

Thanks for listening. Jeff

Check out the Feingold diet (feingold.org) for more info. It has really been a lifesaver for us. I would love for more familes with TS to try it and see if it helps them too.

Thanks for listening. Jeff

I am familiar with the diet. Anything one does to the immune system is going to help in a # of ways, especially by relieving stress on the system which therefore may reduce tics or some of the co morbid issues. However unless the symptoms of the disorder in review were began by the introduction of one of the allergens I have never seen them completely go away due to the removal of an allergen, just help in dealing with and reduction of some symptoms.

I would compare it to a computer, and it's mother board, you can add and remove programs, even change the operating system, however if the mother board (genetics) of the computer is disrupted in the first place it may not matter what the program or filter, it is going to be there noticeable in some way shape or another. However the less trash in the system the better it runs.

:P

:P Hi Paul

I have used this website so often and never came to the Forum.....good to see you here.

My son loves that little TSA guy that you have in your signature.

He leaves for Nicaragua on Tuesday (says trembling Mom) but I know it is going to be a life-changing opportunity for a 13yr old . He will have all his supplements given by the nurse practitioner who is going as one of the chaperones, so hopefully the tics and OCD will remain in waning mode...my biggest concern is the heat there as I know that overheating can be a trigger......I bought him one of those mister bottles to help.....and a little keyring style b/o fan.....they are going to be helping to build the orphanage for the little church there so they will be working in the heat....sure hope the gadgets help cool him a bit.

OOOH! I am really nervous about this trip......but, I gotta learn to let go....

Have a good night :D

:P Hi Paul

I have used this website so often and never came to the Forum.....good to see you here.

My son loves that little TSA guy that you have in your signature.

Hello,

He can always copy it to your's or his computer and use it as he likes. I have several tourette guys that I have made up so I am not completely sure which one you are talking about...regardless hope he has a good trip.

God bless

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Debbie

Paul,

Another analogy I've heard is that if you have 15 rocks in your shoe, and you remove one or two, you won't see much improvement. But if you've been walking on those rocks for years & years, while you can make things a lot better by removing the rocks, you're still going to have considerable damage done to your feet, which might not ever heal properly.

Thought you might find that one interesting. :)