ACN Latitudes Forums

Sub-Lingual sam-e to boost serotonin

Guest Jennifer

Guest Jennifer

In Dr. Jaqueline McCandless's book she talks about the effectivness of

sam-e an amino acid to boost serotonin levels in the brain naturally. The supplement cannot be crushed or it looses it's effectiveness by about 80%.

I recently found a sublingual sam-e spray through Maxam nutraceuticals. Just introducing the Sam-e has worked wonders on our son's moods, hyperactivity levels and OCD traits. Just thought I would pass on the information to parents interested in Sam-e. I wish I would have known about it months ago. It is not a multi-level marketing company or anything like that. Their phone number is 1-800-800-9119. I'm not sure of the exact website, but if you type Maxam Nutraceutics in the search engine you should be able to pull it up. They also have other products related to autism spectrum disorders.

Jennifer, I'm just wondering if you are sure it is the SAM-e (which sounds really good). I ask because and adult with bad TS and depression said after conventional drugs failed he tried SAM-e and it made the tics worse until he stopped it. Have you heard anything about other people trying it?

Like did someone recommend it for the issues you wrote about? I've mostly heard about it for depression.

Have you been doing it long enough to know that it's really helping--that its not a combination of other things? Am going to look into it but would like to know more. Ziam

Guest Jennifer

Alot of TS cases go hand in hand with OCD. TS, OCD and depression all have a common denominator of not having enough serotonin in the brain. The medications that are usually prescribed are serotonin enhancing medications. Sam-e is just a natural way of bossting serotonin. I have to say that we really saw the improvements after we introduced the Sam-e with our son. I also know of other people who are treating their depression successfully with the Sam-e.

Guest Jennifer

One more thing I forgot to mention is that you also need to be careful where your buying the Sam-e. Everyone sells it, but not alll of it is good quality. If your using the good stuff (which usually costs more) from a reputable company you should see results.