ACN Latitudes Forums

My son's test results

jkc

Some of my sons test results came back today. He tested negative for PANDAS and candida. His magnesium level was normal. Mild allergy to two types of grass and still don't have the food allergy tests back yet. His doctor (environmental) recommended we give him the following;

B-compx, Taurine 500 mg twice a day, Magnesium chelated 200 mg twice a day and children's dha cod liver oil - 4 capsules a day.

I am a little concern if thats too much for a 9 year old who is about 70 lbs. From reading the posts it sounds like taurine doses are too much and if his magnesium is normal why give him extra 400 mg a day?

His tics seem to be moderate for last 2-3 days, I don't know if this will continue or he is just having few good days. Please help with the doses. Thanks!

Some of my sons test results came back today. He tested negative for PANDAS and candida. His magnesium level was normal. Mild allergy to two types of grass and still don't have the food allergy tests back yet. His doctor (environmental) recommended we give him the following;

B-compx, Taurine 500 mg twice a day, Magnesium chelated 200 mg twice a day and children's dha cod liver oil - 4 capsules a day.

I am a little concern if thats too much for a 9 year old who is about 70 lbs. From reading the posts it sounds like taurine doses are too much and if his magnesium is normal why give him extra 400 mg a day?

His tics seem to be moderate for last 2-3 days, I don't know if this will continue or he is just having few good days. Please help with the doses. Thanks!

Hi, I'm very new here but I thought I thought I'd let you know about my son's Rx for taurine. He is 31 lbs and 3 years old. Our environmental doctor prescribed 250mg 2x/day. I am still wading through the rationale behind the different supplements, so I don't have any advice on why your doctor may have prescribed that dose for your son. I'm interested to see the input from others on this. Good luck!

Hi jkc

even with "normal" range magnesium, TS patients benefit from more mag it seems

do watch carefully with the B complex as I am hearing more and more people say they dont tolerate the COMPLEX in a pill form but do better with liquid Bco or with taking individual Bs

500mg taurine a day doesnt sound high to me

HTH