ACN Latitudes Forums

Omegabrite

emma1

Becky G,

Can you clarify how does the Coromega help with your kids' tics? Does the fish oil reduce tic intensity and frequency? Or does the fish oil help regulate their mood and concentration?

I take Coromega but am concerned about some of the ingredients for my kids.

Thx!

Pat

Not Becky, but wanted to note that Michelle just got back from Dr. Murphy re: a PANDAS diagnosis, and Dr. Murphy recommended Coromega to her. She has a separate post about her visit.

I was concerned about the other ingregients too, so switched to OmegaBrite. I am thinking now that if your child is not sensitive to the other ingredients, Coromega would be fine. I am a little concerned about OmegaBrite because the EPA/DHA ratio is so high (7:1).

Becky G,

Can you clarify how does the Coromega help with your kids' tics? Does the fish oil reduce tic intensity and frequency? Or does the fish oil help regulate their mood and concentration?

I take Coromega but am concerned about some of the ingredients for my kids.

Thx!

Pat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi

some kids with Tourette tics dont seem to do well on fishoils for omega 3 but others do great. For those who dont tolerate it well, flaxseed oil is a good alternative

as far as I know it is the essential correct balance between omega 3 and omega 6 that is important, and especially for anyone with autoimmunity, like in PANDAS, their should be a much greater amount of Omega 3..I dont know the ratios recommended, but it is because omega 6 is a pro-inflammatory agent, which is good in normal immune response but not good for autoimmune inflammation. Omega 3 is anti-inflammatory.

fishoil has the highest amount of omega 3 so if a child can tolerate it, it is best

I dont know about the use of this supp re autism so hopefully someone else will be able to give you info on that

Does anyone know anything about Life's DHA algal oil by Martex? It's a vegetarian source of omega 3. My family doesn't eat fish and I can't even stand the smell of the fish oil capsules. I'm wondering if I should try it or if I'd be better off with flaxseed oil.