ACN Latitudes Forums

Vocal tics

JulesLou

@JulesLou we noticed duration of waxing tic flare ups lasted variable times depending on what had triggered them.

For example, you mentioned the trigger from the swimming pool, which my son had big time due to chlorine sensitivity. We found that waned fairly quickly once he showered off. The best solution for him was to avoid chlorinated pools and we also got filters for the home water system.

But example eating something with Red40 or one of the other awful artificial food dye toxins could set him back for much longer.

So it all depends on the level of sensitivity to the trigger and the individual's underlying system. The better my son's supplement & diet & environment - the more resilience he seemed to have.

@ChemarI live in the uk and the doctors are of no help, since Covid you are lucky to be able to get an appointment.  I am really struggling to find triggers and anything that helps to calm my son.  I think allergy tests would be a help so I will look into these.  Everything costs so much money as doctors don’t help and have to pay privately. 
It is so encouraging to here everybody else’s stories of how they helped their children, I just wish we could find the answers and help my son.

@MLeethank you for commenting, how old is your child, what p5p do you use and what dose please?

I have heard this mentioned but have not tried it, my son only has small facial tics occasionally but has loud vocal tics at the moment and I am trying to find triggers and help for him (my son is 12).

• 1 month later...

@MLeeunfortunately no, a couple of weeks ago I made a Dr’s appointment as I he noises were very loud and constant but my son didn’t do the noises in my he appointment.  I had asked when making the appointment at reception that I wanted to speak with dr alone but this didn’t happen.

Anyway I complained and the Dr rang me a couple of days later and suggested anti depressants (i am not sleeping well and obviously stressed) for me so that I am able to cope better. This might be helpful to me but it’s my son that needs help which will then help me to feel better too.

@MLee @JulesLou

I think you have both added B6 (P-5-P)?

But not sure if you tried NAC yet? (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine)

My son did not respond well to it-but I know many others have had good results.

The recent ACN/Latitudes newsletter also had this testimonial about it with B6

https://latitudes.org/these-nutrients-helped-our-son-with-his-tics/

21 hours ago, Chemar said:

@MLee @JulesLou

I think you have both added B6 (P-5-P)?

But not sure if you tried NAC yet? (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine)

My son did not respond well to it-but I know many others have had good results.

The recent ACN/Latitudes newsletter also had this testimonial about it with B6

https://latitudes.org/these-nutrients-helped-our-son-with-his-tics/

@Chemari have not tried these yet, I did buy l cartinine and then accidentally bought acetyl cartinine this week and have been using.

At the moment my sons noises are not loud but still does quieter ones and mutters or repeats words that he reads.

At the moment he takes                         Pro ven probiotic,                                   Wellkid calcium liquid which has magnesium. Zinc and vit D in it too, Haliborange Omega 3,                        Vit c ascorbyl palmitate.                     Vit c magnesium ascorbate (probably only getting 120g of magnesium a day with this) 

Viamin c was advised by the homeopath when doing remedies to flush system out.  Wondering wether to now drop this (homeopathy didn’t work so no longer doing this) and change to a magnesium tablet so he is getting more maybe?

We have not tried NAC or B6 yet!

many thanks, appreciate all help or suggestions as no help from Dr or any other places.        

8 minutes ago, JulesLou said:

@Chemari have not tried these yet, I did buy l cartinine and then accidentally bought acetyl cartinine this week and have been using.

At the moment my sons noises are not loud but still does quieter ones and mutters or repeats words that he reads.

At the moment he takes                        

Pro ven probiotic,                                  

Wellkid calcium liquid which has magnesium.Zinc and vit D in it too,

Haliborange Omega 3,                        

Vit c ascorbyl palmitate.                    

Vit c magnesium ascorbate (probably only getting 120g of magnesium a day with this) 

Viamin c was advised by the homeopath when doing remedies to flush system out.  Wondering wether to now drop this (homeopathy didn’t work so no longer doing this) and change to a magnesium tablet so he is getting more maybe?

We have not tried NAC or B6 yet!

many thanks, appreciate all help or suggestions as no help from Dr or any other places.        

Edited by JulesLou
Layout change

Thanks Chemar!

This is a great article. Appreciate you forwarding the link. We are doing vitamin d, magnesium glycinate and b6 (p5p form). We are seeing good results. Things are very mild. It’s good to know that NAC could help too (if needed). Thank you!