ACN Latitudes Forums

Is there a link between vaccines and Tourette's

Hi Jacke, Welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry your son has dealt with tics. I hope he is has been improving?  As for vaccines, there has not been much research on it. We have a summary in this article. https://latitudes.org/vaccine-research-thimerosal-tics/   It primarily connects thimerosal with an increased incidence of tics for some people. Relatively recently, the preservative has been removed from most (although not all) vaccines. We do not have information on a specific vaccine that might be related to tics.

I hope this is of some help to you. 

Hi Jacke

My son had to have some vaccines for a trip abroad when he was younger - but although I was concerned - his tics did not seem to be altered after the vaxx.

However I know some parents have found any vaxx to be triggering, and I wonder if that may be due to the actual immune response rather than the vaxx per se. I say that as some people with tics (my son & dh included) seem to tic more when they are ill, and our physician once suggested the immune system ramping up could be the trigger?

Just a thought to add to this discussion.

I'm of the opinion that vaccines can be very harmful, however; my child suffered with tourettes/tics for a few years and had never received a vaccine. As posted elsewhere she is now tic free as long as we stay on top of fragrances and diet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey MLee! We had to greatly restrict produce and incorporated lots of raw milk. We spent years journaling everything she ate and when. Tried rotation diet, no casein and gluten diet, elimination diet, gut health...

For her the triggers are fermented, aged, leftovers, produce foods. It doesn't make sense to us (especially since raw milk is so beneficial), but she went from hundreds upon hundreds of tics a day to none.

She may be fine on cooked produce, but we haven't really tested it since she won't eat them cooked. Grew up eating lots and lots of raw vegetables and doesn't want them cooked. She did always like cooked broccoli, but we haven't tested it lately. She does fine on potatoes.

I should be more specific in that her diet basically consists of meat, wheat, and dairy. Minimal raw fruits and veggies, some fries, cheese must be cooked.

Edited by Nate

Hi Nate

It is astonishing sometimes what triggers tics - points again to how individual reactions to various factors, and even treatments, can sometimes be.

Was your daughter reactive to organic produce?

We discovered that my son's later diagnosed Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) factored in to some of his reactivity/tic triggers.

Hey Chemar! Agreed. I think every person probably has different things that the body views negatively. Yes, she doesn't do well on organic produce. She grew up on strictly organic produce.  Interestingly, she would often seem to do well with produce that wasn't organic at something like a wedding reception. I sometimes wonder if it's because organic is often more ripe (started the fermentation process). But, we still notice the beginning of negative affects (irritability) with eating fresh picked fruit from our trees. I know we don't have everything figured out. Perhaps she can handle certain produce, maybe cooked produce, etc..., but we are extremely grateful that God has given us direction to figure out enough for her to be tic free. 

Hey MLee! Thank you! That was one of the numerous things we tried. Tried none to very little salicylates on two occasions. Some improvement but not lasting. I'm guessing some improvement due to cutting out salicylates also eliminates some produce.

Edit: I do lean towards the real issue deals with bacteria and ripening(fermenting). Eating only fresh cooked meals is a necessity for her. Makes me think the issue with produce is the fact that it is constantly ripening.

Edited by Nate

3 hours ago, Nate said:

Edit: I do lean towards the real issue deals with bacteria and ripening(fermenting). Eating only fresh cooked meals is a necessity for her. Makes me think the issue with produce is the fact that it is constantly ripening.

You do have a point there. Perhaps one should abstain from eating much produce, regardless of quality?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 4:24 AM, Sheila said:

Hi Jacke, Welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry your son has dealt with tics. I hope he is has been improving?  As for vaccines, there has not been much research on it. We have a summary in this article. https://latitudes.org/vaccine-research-thimerosal-tics/   It primarily connects thimerosal with an increased incidence of tics for some people. Relatively recently, the preservative has been removed from most (although not all) vaccines. We do not have information on a specific vaccine that might be related to tics.

I hope this is of some help to you. 

The sad thing is they are just using aluminium now! So they get to claim 'no mercury' or mercury extracts, but in reality, aluminium is not better and is still a heavy metal in the brain that they've proven doesn't stay local like they claim. I was hugely ill from my vaccines as a teenager (some 20 years ago), so I certainly believe they are responsible for a raft of illnesses. It's not the vaccine itself - its the adjuvants they put in with them.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:22 AM, Chemar said:

Hi Jacke

My son had to have some vaccines for a trip abroad when he was younger - but although I was concerned - his tics did not seem to be altered after the vaxx.

However I know some parents have found any vaxx to be triggering, and I wonder if that may be due to the actual immune response rather than the vaxx per se. I say that as some people with tics (my son & dh included) seem to tic more when they are ill, and our physician once suggested the immune system ramping up could be the trigger?

Just a thought to add to this discussion.

Tics are SO weird. Our son is the opposite! No vaccines at all - but when he got sick a few times and he was bad, his tics disappeared altogether. Like his brain/body was too busy focusing on trying to fix the virus instead and turned its attention elsewhere.