ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG Dose

No, it’s usually not considered high dose. 1g/kg seems to be a common minimum for high dose, though some PANS doctors feel that’s still too low. Whether 0.5g/kg is safe and effective for PANS is unknown. Everyone responds differently. If the patient has immunodeficiency, low dose is often helpful. 

Ok thanks, I don't have immunodeficiency, but the neurologist that I have recently started going to, he said I am the first person to be treated for Pandas by him. so he was going to do the dose that he has done for all kinds of other autoimmune disorders that he has treated

Just now, kitkatlilly said:

4 minutes ago, kitkatlilly said:

Ok thanks, I don't have immunodeficiency, but the neurologist that I have recently started going to, he said I am the first person to be treated for Pandas by him. so he was going to do the dose that he has done for all kinds of other autoimmune disorders that he has treated

If your neurologist is using that dose successfully for other autoimmune diseases, I’d say it’s worth a try. Good luck! 
If it doesn’t help, the 2017 JCAP PANS treatment guidelines provide IVIG dosage recommendations in part II “use of immunomodulatory therapies.”