ACN Latitudes Forums

COVID 19 and PANDAS kids

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m sorry! I’m not on this board much anymore or would have answered sooner. Yes, my son has PANS and also caught Covid last March (in 2020). His symptoms were light compared to mine and my husband’s. However about 8-10 weeks later he started showing PANS symptoms again—mainly intrusive thoughts. (His first PANS exacerbation started in August 2018). Checked blood levels and not only did he have Covid antibodies but also his strep titers had gone up again after having been low for so long (he has not had strep since his initial exacerbation in August 2018). A 6 day steroid burst ended this flare.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Hope your child is doing better.

• 5 months later...

This is very interesting to me. I can't wait to try Ivermectin. I've watched a video of Dr. MoBeen explaining how the immune system macrophages respond and he was explaining cytokine storm. His description sounded so familiar with regard to "inflammation" that I can't help but wonder if this is what is happening in our pans/pandas kids. When my kido's pandas symptoms get exasperated, her inflammation markers are elevated. More often than not, we test her for an infection and she ends up being positive for bacteria and then she get a treatment and her symptoms subside.   

In another video, Dr. Pierre Kory talks about Long hauler effects of having covid and how the treatment of Ivermectin in Covid patients with underlying symptoms of Babesiosis/Lyme symptoms clear up. I asked our pandas doc about using ivermectin but she chicken to prescribe it because she says the pharmacy with question it. I'm thinking of using an on-line doctor to get a prescription of ivermectin as a prophylactic being it's no more of a risk than taking ibuprofen.