ACN Latitudes Forums

New tic

Hi MLee, So sorry to read about your setback. You should be able to get back to where you were soon. I understand food reactions can sometimes take 4 weeks to clear, but no doubt there's no hard and fast rules, so hang in there.

Have you tried giving your son an antihistamine to see if it helps? If you do, please let us know.

Also, some doctors recommend drinking baking soda (or trisalts) in water to help food reactions. Trisalts are on amazon--not expensive. Now that the initial period has passed I'm not sure how much effect it would have, but it is worth a try.

Because he had avoided eggs for so long and then had a significant repeated exposure, the reaction is not unexpected --  though I know it's super discouraging.  That said, I don't blame you for trying!! Scrambled eggs are so convenient--plus now you know what the limits are for sure.

Please let us know how you make out. Will be thinking about you both!

Thank you so much Sheila. I really really appreciate your response!! I am focusing on a super clean diet too and hoping it clears. 

He sometimes takes Claritin for outdoor allergies so will add to his morning routine for the antihistamine properties. 

Thank you!!!