ACN Latitudes Forums

loose tooth - trigger?!

EDIT:  Sorry, search wasn't working for me earlier. I've managed to find other posts explaining a little bit more.

I was reading year old posts on here tonight and came across one that mentioned a loose tooth as a trigger.  Now I have questioned this in the past with a dr and was met with a no, that cannot trigger, but this is the second loose tooth with a flare close behind.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Please explain 😨

Edited by JessL

A loose tooth and also dental work can be triggers; anything that activates the immune system can be a trigger. My son (17) was treated with IVIG five years ago and was a different kid after that (no more anxiety, obsessive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, anorexia).  But I have noticed that when he is about to get sick (i.e., when his immune system is first activated) he will get some symptoms.

The way it's been explained to me is that we have bacteria in our mouths at all times.  When a tooth is loose/falls out/or is cutting through the bacteria can get into the bloodstream thus causing the immune system to "overreact" and mount a defense.  Some people have their kids take Motrin and/or antibiotics a day or two before a dental appointment, the day of, and a few days after.  My son definitely had a flare up when he lost a couple of teeth and then almost immediately the adult teeth came through--it was intense.  But the good news is that it doesn't always happen!  This last winter he lost three teeth almost in a row and had them come in with no issues.

Thanks!  I hate to overthink and believe everything is a trigger but I was so sure that the timing wasn't a coincidence, for the second time in a row.   We don't have much support in my country so this I have to find out about it all online.  I should really have my own abx fridge at home at this rate :(