ACN Latitudes Forums

Intrusive thoughts - content

• 2 months later...

Hi there! I’m 25 now but was diagnosed at 7. I had intrusive sexual thoughts, thoughts of hurting others (these were rare and mainly about the people who took my blood because I was entered into a testing program since PANDAS was new-ish), intrusive thoughts about my parents dying (I think this is where a lot of the separation anxiety comes from for PANDAS kids because I was afraid

to say the stuff out-loud in case it came true, I didn’t want them to get hurt I was afraid of losing them every moment of everyday), intrusive thoughts about really bad things happening to my dog (I remember fighting an OCD urge to make a symmetrical mark on my

paper in first grade and suddenly I heard a yelp (I had hallucinations as well) and my brain kept telling me she was dead, intrusive thoughts about people coming to hurt

me or take me away in the night. 

If you have any other questions I’d be happy to answer any of them. And if it helps at all, I’m a functioning adult (I work in an OR and i’m pursuing being a physicians assistant). I know it’s terrifying but I promise you, you and your kiddo are strong and will make it through this ❤️

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2020 at 7:54 AM, C_deangelis said:

Hi there! I’m 25 now but was diagnosed at 7. I had intrusive sexual thoughts, thoughts of hurting others (these were rare and mainly about the people who took my blood because I was entered into a testing program since PANDAS was new-ish), intrusive thoughts about my parents dying (I think this is where a lot of the separation anxiety comes from for PANDAS kids because I was afraid

to say the stuff out-loud in case it came true, I didn’t want them to get hurt I was afraid of losing them every moment of everyday), intrusive thoughts about really bad things happening to my dog (I remember fighting an OCD urge to make a symmetrical mark on my

paper in first grade and suddenly I heard a yelp (I had hallucinations as well) and my brain kept telling me she was dead, intrusive thoughts about people coming to hurt

me or take me away in the night. 

If you have any other questions I’d be happy to answer any of them. And if it helps at all, I’m a functioning adult (I work in an OR and i’m pursuing being a physicians assistant). I know it’s terrifying but I promise you, you and your kiddo are strong and will make it through this ❤️

My 15 year old daughter has all of this. She was given 6 rounds of Ivig with no improvement. She is also being tested for myco plasma phenomena and lymes. We are on a wheat free gluten free dairy free diet and she still is suffering so much with her thoughts. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks