ACN Latitudes Forums

Success stories - need help

jkc

I am getting confused, my son had eye blinking for about a month and half. I have been giving him vit supplement (magnesium 250mg and vitamin B comp) for week and half and no tv and video games. His eye blinking seems to be better some days and some times its like back to day one. Today I have noticed he has this nose mouth twitch. I am feeling helpless, would like to hear some success stories. All of you with success please give your feedback as to how long it took tics to go away or reduce with natural treatment and supplements. Did the tics go away completely? If tics reduced what percent? Once stopped did they ever return? What supplements did you use? Is it safe to give this magnesium dose for long duration and how long? please help me feel positive by giving some feedback.

I am still pretty new to all this but I think I finally figured out why my son has had a serious increase in tics lately. The other night I decided to check the pollen counts in our area, Weather.com. About the time that weed pollen went from low to moderate or high his tics started to flare up. Yesterday was the first day in about a month he was not super emotional and ticcing like crazy. I checked the counts again and they were down to moderate. Today his tics were back again like crazy but we were outside in the woods at a state park. Our foods have not changed in the last few weeks so that is the only thing I can think of.

Last year I remember him having tics right around when school started too. Then I thought it was all corn related but now wonder. His tics did go away completely last year and most of this year until recently. All we gave him before was a multi and fish oil. I have recently added kids calm though and enzymes.

Pamela,

Just curious if your son ever displayed the common allergy symptoms such as respiratory, and do/did you ever use any conventional allergy treatment for him?

I too am noticing a little eye twitching last few weeks, and this does seem to the time of year I see this -- cooincidence, don't know? I am working on my own suspicions before I throw it out there.

Just curious about anyone seeing an increase in the last month -- any observations of recent tics and suspicions (especially with allergies) are appreciated.

Thanks

Faith

Hi Faith,

Yes, definite increase in the past month. Daughter had become close to tic free by July, and then tics started again mid-August AND my own allergies are driving me nuts in the past few weeks!!! Last bout (May/June) was sniffing/throat, now it is only eye-winking.

We both had traditional allergy tests done last year, and she was apparently allergic to nothing at all, while for me it was a combo of certain trees, cats, etc. I personally found it weird because I KNOW I get symptoms from mold and dust, but those didn't show up positive for me on that test. And I bury my face in my cat's fur ALL the time with no symptoms whatsoever. (Mind you, if she licks me repeatedly, I will get somewhat red and itchy in that spot, but I am definitely not allergic to her fur/dander.) More recently, my daughter had Vega testing (a machine tests the patient's response to the electromagnetic field of various substances in glass vials... or something like that). According to that, she tested sensitive to mold and dust, along with a few foods. Neither of us has shown sensitivities to pollen, and yet this pattern of late spring and early fall allergies (for me) and tics (for her) keeps showing up.

Calicat

Pamela,

Just curious if your son ever displayed the common allergy symptoms such as respiratory, and do/did you ever use any conventional allergy treatment for him?

I too am noticing a little eye twitching last few weeks, and this does seem to the time of year I see this -- cooincidence, don't know? I am working on my own suspicions before I throw it out there.

Just curious about anyone seeing an increase in the last month -- any observations of recent tics and suspicions (especially with allergies) are appreciated.

Thanks

Faith

As a baby my son ALWAYS had a runny nose. I had to suction it out numerous times a day. Until we eliminated corn from his diet he also had a cough that sounded much like an asthma cough. When we questioned the doctors about this we got the famous "that is normal for some kids" response. He rarely gets that cough now.

We had him tested last year for allergies and he was officially allergic to corn, dust mites, cats, dogs and grass. He was not tested for weeds or any other foods. His allergist prescribed a nose spray which we tried but that contained corn products. Then he prescribed something else and that did too. So basically I lost most confidence in his allergist. At this point I have been giving him dye free benedryl. Now that I think he is twitching due to environmental allergies I wonder if I should go ahead and try the prescription again when I see them acting up.

Not sure why our son is doing so well. Maybe the goldenrod pollen is not very high yet. He is doing so good I would have to say even better then when he was on medication. The only thing we have done different is feed him 6oz sockeye salmon every other day. We did this because he didn't do well with the fish oil. I found in a book at the library (The Miracle Brain) It said 2oz of salmon would give you 650mg of DHA. The the lady at the health store said sockeye salmon has the most DHA then other salmon.

We have not given any new vitamins.

He looks like he does not even know school is going to start tomorrow.

C.P.

Calicat,

when you say neither of you tested sensitive for pollen, is that pollen in general or were there specific plants? For instance our allergy testing had categories like ragweed, trees, grasses, etc., but it didn't say "pollen" specifically". So just wondering if there were other type plants that you may be forgetting about. Do you have any suspicions about the cat for your daughter?

Thanks

Faith

Hey you want a success story I got one for ya...its about me :D !

Well my teenage years where a living nightmare...tics where awful and being teased drove me absolutely insane. I worked my a## off and got through high school after dropping out for one year after the stress and only needing one credit. So i went back and got it. I moved out of my parents place at 18 and my life has improved dramatically. I sometimes think this may have been better if I wasn't kicked out at 18 and had time to save for a car and stuff. I think for the most part it was good because I gained a better relationship with my family. Now I have virtually no tics and work for an international security firm. I think I am living proof that you can do anything even if you have TS and that things do really get better.