ACN Latitudes Forums

Strange Side Effects of Adderall XR

ROSS243

When I first was put on Adderall XR in 2005, I was doing just fine - no worries , no side effects. Then just recently in Aug 2007 I have been experiencing the most strangest side effects ever on just 20 mg daily. They include pain in my jaw muscles, pain/aches on the sides of my face, anxiety, tight headaches near the temples, Pain in my joints , back pain, foot numbing and foot pains, cramps around my face & forehead. Constant sweating , feelings of anxiety from time to time, Zoning out, tiredness, mood swings: one moment feeling very happy and motivated the next moment feeling irritated, worried, anxious, sad and depressed ( hopeless). In addition I also get an increase in salivation and a constant need to lick my lips and clench my jaw/teeth, constant urge to take deep breaths. Has anybody out there ever experienced such side effects after a long term use of Adderall XR on just 20mg a day?

• 2 weeks later...

---YES! I have been experiencing nearly identical side-effects, and I have been on Adderall for about 7+ years. I have been having pain and tingling in my arms [not my legs, although that did happen about three years ago and went away] to the point where I can't sleep at night. I feel like my breaths aren't good enough- like I have to take extra deep breaths, and even then it's still bothersome. My mouth will often feel strange- not just dry mouth, but something else that makes me feel like I need to drink more water. I have the same mood/motivation swings that you mentioned as well. This has all happened in the past few months. I recently learned that my mother is bipolar [apparently mis-diagnosed as regular depression], which I understand is very genetic, and apparently [?] Adderall isn't good for bipolarism. However, while feeling down every now and then, I've usually [until recently] been alright and would have never considered ADD and bipolarism to be an interaction or problem.

Anyhow- PLEASE let me know if you find anything out on this! It's very confusing and frustrating. This is kind of random, but does Adderall have the effect of inhibiting the body's ability to take in certain vitamins/nutrients?? I almost want to describe some of my sympotms as feeling like I'm "missing" something.