ACN Latitudes Forums

Intrusive thoughts not resolving

Since DD has been diag myco p pans, they started her on bactrim 2x a day for 14 days then 14 off and so on ... she is just upset that it is not going away. I have a strict schedule for medicines so o follow protocal to a T!! 

Im thinking too, that she should have had more testing for strep side and other stuff. Just to be in the clear but she wasnt..

The doctor mostly tested lyme and myco p. Then the day before scheduled treatment, my daughter got another virus. This is all too much if i could take her thoughts away i would. 

Intrusive thoughts/OCD always seem to be the hardest to crack. Been at it for 5 years, diagnosed 2 years ago, undergoing treatment for 1.5 years, all ticks etc gone, but intrusive thoughts wouldn't budge. And hearing similar stories from so many families. This is not to discourage you, but just to say that this is the greatest challenge, at least based on our experience and research. 

I wonder if CBT would be an option? It can be very helpful to learn some ways to deal with intrusive thoughts. My experience with my son (diagnosed at age 12, now 16) is, like PandasDad said, that OCD/intrusive thoughts are hard to get rid of, so managing them is important. 

My son had myco p and strep and it probably took 5 plus months of treatment before the intrusive thoughts started to subside. We also tried going gluten and dairy free and definitely saw improvement. He still gets the thoughts occasionally, but now can use some therapy techniques to help with that.

We did a whole bunch of different probiotics—Culturelle, GutPro, Flora, etc. For antibiotics the ones that he was on longest were a combo of Biaxcin/Augmentin and then later  Clindamycin/Rifampicin because the strep came down, but not the Myco p.  (The Clindamycin was really rough on his stomach though).