ACN Latitudes Forums

NYS Law

As some of you might have heard or seen, NYS assembly repealed the religious exemptions for vaccinations yesterday.  I am truly at loss with this.  I have been dealing with PANS and/or lyme with the whole story that comes with it.  I have stopped vaccinatng my children for several years now, and have definitely seen the difference with my younger kids vs the older, vaccinated ones.  They are more alive, alert, social and understanding.  Vaccinating is not an option.  Homeschooling is not an option.  And a medical exemption for the younger kids probably would not be an option either.  I would like to reach out to the California parents who share this problem with me now.  Can you share what you did to get out of this problem?  

I know there are activists who will fight this breach of first amendment in court; but I need to be prepared.  I have already gotten an email from my school to get my kids the first dose of everything within 30 days, or be sent home.

This is a long shot, but have any of your kids had any of the antibody bloodwork done?  My DS had only one dose of MMR (at age 10, due to constant pressure from our school district). He is now 14.  Last month he had the MMR antibody test, and it shows him immune to all 3.  It made me think that he may show immunity all other illnesses.  I believe the schools will accept this in lieu of the vaccine.  Is it possible to show immunity to Chicken Pox for instance with no known chicken pox illness or vaccine?   Does anyone know of any other antibody tests aside from MMR?

This might possibly works, its true.  But since they abolished religious exemptions, we will now need all on the recommended schedule.  I doubt we will show titers to all....

I do know that children who have had the measles here and went to check titers, now show immunity to Measles Mumps and Rubella leading to believe that the measles was vaccine induced.......

My DS is receiving monthly IVIG and now has a medical exemption. Previously we were able to get pediatrician to write “Alternative Schedule” on his vaccine records for the school district.  A couple times she wrote a letter saying “due to parents concerns” she is holding off on further vaccines at this time.  Or once it was something like, “while monitoring for side effects of medication changes, we are holding off on vaccines for the time”.  She was a pro-vaccine doctor, so I guess we were fortunate to get those letters.  There are other doctors in the same practice that will not see a child that is not up-to-date on vaccines.  

Once when we changed pediatricians due to insurance coverage, we received a letter saying they would no longer see my son because he wasn’t up-to-date.