ACN Latitudes Forums

high measles titers anyone??

My DD was diagnosed with PANS in February 2017, it was triggered the summer before in 2016 by coxsackie and then influenza in the winter, which was what pushed her over the edge.  She presented with the full list of PANS symptoms in 2017 and has recovered I'd say about 90%.

Recent bloodwork showed extremely high measles titers - 273.  Has anyone else seen this in your PANS/PANDAS child that is NOT on the spectrum?  

Our ABA therapist, who we hired to help DD work through OCD and anxiety related to PANS, has noticed other behaviors that she sees in children on the spectrum.  This was surprising to me because DD hit all developmental milestones appropriately and had very typical language, social, and motor development.  My background is special ed and I have always been on the lookout for these things in my children, so it would be very surprising for us to realize an ASD diagnosis for her at 13yo.  

Interesting... I have no idea about the titers, but my dd gets VERY spectrum acting when feeling her worst. We even paid for an evaluation to rule out Asperger's. The diagnosis from the psychologist was "PANS", but whenever we discussed her behaviors, the woman would repeatedly say "That sounds just like autism". I think there was one test my dd took that made her think more PANS, but she clearly thought there were some overlap in spectrum behaviors.

Dd developed normally also. Then she would hit these rough patches where OCD and anxiety would rage their ugly heads. 

So now I think I'll have her mumps and measles titers checked out of curiosity. Aside from the fact that Merck is being sued for the vaccines not being as effective as they claim, so it would be a good idea to know that, also.

There is overlap in symptoms for autism and PANS/PANDAS. Some kids are diagnosed with ASD and later with PANS/PANDAS, and when they are treated for PANS/PANDAS the ASD diagnosis no longer applies. Some of the increase in ASD diagnoses may be misdiagnosis of PANS/PANDAS. 

I have several friends who have checked their or their kids titers due to the measles outbreak in NYC.  One who was fully vaccinated as a kid, had zero immunity.  Another who was totally unvaccinated has immunity of 300 (which is considered normal if the child had wild measles) He did not have the disease, but might have been exposed.  I don't think these titers mean much with respect to behaviors.  Perhaps I am wrong.

I would hypothesize that the adjuvant, if vaccinated, would be more of the problem.   Meaning that the aluminum in the vaccine, which holds onto the viral antigen, can cause trouble with behaviors.