ACN Latitudes Forums

Do the effects of ibuprofen ever wear off? **********VERY URGENT********************

Do the effects of ibuprofen ever wear off, and, if so, how long does it take?  I'm in one of my panics about not knowing whether anything I think, want, believe or feel is real or just the effect of something I've taken.  It's a bit of an impossible thing to avoid when everything you live surrounded by is a question of what would be most effective in making you think differently about something.  Damn PANS and damn all medical treatment.  Damn, damn both of them.  Anyway.  I could do with a reply to this AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE.

Well, the effect effect.  Whatever effect/s you're supposed to be taking it for, that supposedly makes you think quite differently about everything and think things are OK that you wouldn't otherwise.  Thank you so much for listening.  Any answer?  From you or anyone else.

Sorry to get into such a paddy.  It's not that I was haing a bad reaction to the ibuprofen, more that I was panicking about the ibuprofen.  Panicking about your mind having been compromised is a bugger, because even if you come up with an argument that you think is convincing, you thenwonder whether it really is a valid or convincing argument or whether it's just the drugs making you think so!  You're probably surprised at me, who frequently reels stuff off like a chemistry textbook, suddenly appearing not to know whether ibuprofen has a limited duration of action or not.  The fact is, when I get into that state, there's no use me telling myself anything at all, because I won;t believe me.  I didn't admit I was in a state before, I know, I'm sorry, I was just afraid that if you thought this was an "OCD question" you'd treat it as an "OCD question" rather than giving me a true answer.  Now I'm not bothered because Iknow even if the ibuprofen is making me believe something that isn't true, I'll be able to find out sooner or later.  I do feel a bit better now, though I'm not sure whether that's the ibuprofen or the 1000mg of Vitamin C that I took at the same time (haven't been able to get at either of them for ages, owing to OCDorwhateveryoucallit issuse) - less as if I'm liable to crumble and fall to bits at any time, and the worst of the continual burning sensation has cleared up.

Yes.  I almost lost my mind.  (I'm talking abuot "Brain Lock", I haven't heard of one called "You Are Not Your Brain" before and I thought I'd heard of all the OCD books by now!  If it's another one by Jeffrey Schwartz, though, I might give it a miss - no offence.)  No offence, but why are you asking that in this thread?  Shouldn't it have its own thread, really, let alone a thread about the duration of action of ibuprofen not being a very sensible place for it, just because that thread like almost every other thread on here mentions OCD?