ACN Latitudes Forums

I need help with ASO/IGE Labs

9 year old daughter is suspected to have PANS.  About 2 years ago she lost her ability to write and do math and started having anxiety.   We've since been on a path to determine why a healthy, A+ student all of a sudden develops a learning disability.  We're in the testing phase where we are trying to get to the bottom of the cause.  We are working with a Dr with no experience with PANS and we have a naturopath as well.  Recent blood work came back with her ASOT at 350 and her IGE at 2600, plus deficiency in vitamin d.    Her Dr. called me to tell me to put her on Vitamin D but said nothing about the high ASOT and IGE.  I only noticed it when I asked for the report.   I don't know much about ASO and IGE and whether I should be concerned  about those levels.  Should I be pushing for them to put her on antibiotics?  I have no recollection of my daughter ever having physical symptoms of strep, but I know that not all people have symptoms.    

Any ideas?

Edited by violet94

@violet94

My DS now 14 never had strep that we knew of, but had high strep titers from time-to-time.  He responded well to a 30-day high dose of Augmentin in 2016, even though his strep titers were normal at the time.  When I say responded well, I mean went from being completely debilitated to being almost fully recovered for three weeks. It took 11 days to kick in, but was like a miracle when it did.  Unfortunately, the doctor would not keep him on that dose, and symptoms returned on lower prophylactic dose. About a year later, another MD put him on Clarithromycin due to testing for Mycoplasma, and he responded well to that.  As for interpreting that tests...sorry but I can’t help.