ACN Latitudes Forums
  • Trigger-Book-Horizontal-png

cmontgom

Tics and use of essential oils?

20 minutes ago, Cristo-Krista said:

Which brand do you use? Can we buy it at whole foods for example ?

We use Young Living brand. I believe you should be able to check on their website & contact a local rep in your area. You may also be able to order online. 

During school time my wife  put a little drop of lavender on his feet night plus jasmine and camomile and massaged it into his feet at night.  Put a little lavender and camomile into a diffuser. He went to sleep so quickly.  The next day the same.  He seemed calm. Then the following day she put a few drops on his neck and back and spine and put lavender oil on his school pants in the spine area.   Well that day he came home and wouldn’t stop ticcing.  She stopped w the oils. The whole week his tics were out of control.  

I read that oils can cause a herx. Not sure if that’s what happened but it was horrible.  He couldn’t contain the tics at all. 

We usually only diffuse one to two drops of lavender in his room at night. We only apply a drop of peace & calming on neck, or feet if he is having trouble sleeping. We only use one drop of all oils we apply. Our sons tics come & go. I refer to it as a revolving door. He has days, or weeks that he is great & then they start all over again. They also move throughout his body too. The tics change constantly. We’ve found the diet has the most impact on our son & his guanfacine helps also. They all keep our sons tics at a minimum. We never really know when they may be more or less. We’ve done a lot of research & have found what works best for our son. Again, all kids are different. Have you been to a neurologist?

4 hours ago, Cristo-Krista said:

During school time my wife  put a little drop of lavender on his feet night plus jasmine and camomile and massaged it into his feet at night.  Put a little lavender and camomile into a diffuser. He went to sleep so quickly.  The next day the same.  He seemed calm. Then the following day she put a few drops on his neck and back and spine and put lavender oil on his school pants in the spine area.   Well that day he came home and wouldn’t stop ticcing.  She stopped w the oils. The whole week his tics were out of control.  

I read that oils can cause a herx. Not sure if that’s what happened but it was horrible.  He couldn’t contain the tics at all. 

Just do remember that Essential Oils are concentrated and not all brands can be applied to the skin without use of a carrier oil. When used neat, one drop is totally enough! and even then it depends on the individual. Some people cannot tolerate all oils. ie they will react ok with one and very negatively with another. My son has always been that way.

Just because something is natural  doesn't always mean it doesn't have a potential for reactivity. We learned that the hard way and with much trial and error.

It's the same with supplements....they are excellent and beneficial - but different people have different reactions.

We bought a few brands from the health store.  We stopped when we saw his explosive tics.  She said she did many drops on his pants, feet, back, neck and spine and saw that after school he wasn’t well.   Could not stop  

in another post you said your husband and son have ts  so I’m guessing that makes it easier for your son to talk about it .  My son won’t talk and gets very upset when I mention the tics or take him to someone to treat them.  He hadn’t met anyone who had sudden tics   

What is neat? 

Neat = undiluted

"Many drops" is way too much imo

My son has never had a problem talking about his TS. We didn't realize that my husband, and his own father had it till my son was diagnosed. That was when the tics that ran in their family became understandable. They had been told they had "nervous habits" all their lives.

Cristo-Krista, it's fine to keep discussing essential oils on this thread if you still have questions about those. That keeps this thread on topic.🙂

However, for any other questions, it would be best to ask on the thread now dedicated to your questions where I moved those other posts too as requested. Here's the link to it:                                                              

https://latitudes.org/forums/topic/25718-tics-after-neck-injury-antibiotics/