ACN Latitudes Forums

Our story - from vocal to motor to gone

Cova

All, just wanted to give a quick update on my daughter.  We've been seeing the functional neurologist for a month now and we have been seeing continued progress, even with a cold the past week.  Right now we are going twice a week, for one hour each time.  And we do the homework exercises twice a day.  At the same time, we are also implementing the Feingold diet and also try to minimize gluten/dairy/sugar (although not 100% eliminated).  Starfish, I just googled "functional doctor nyc" to find the person we are seeing now.  He falls into the category of chiropractor I believe. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI that if you search under chiropractor or chiropractic here on the forum you will find many threads with positive results. I have not heard chiros called functional "neurologists" but perhaps that requires different training?

We have always used NUCCA chiros, and later also discovered how good Atlas Orthagonal is. It was not a "cure" for my son, but gave tremendous benefit in conjunction with the other treatment modalities we followed. It was also helpful in that my son's head/neck tics would frequently put him "out" and cause discomfort.

As Chemar mentioned, I don’t think functional neurology is a complete cure but it has helped my daughter tremendously.  On a scale from 0 to 10 with 10 being the worst, she is a 1 or 2 on most days since she has been seeing the chiropractor.  There are days where she will regress and we are logging to see whether we can sort out the triggers (for her I believe it has something to do with frequent cold sores she gets).