ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone tried GABA for tics (vocal and motor)

Has anyone tried and had success (or failure) with gaba? I was just reading some amazing studies about it online, then jumped on iherb to order and read some negative stuff about it like that you should only use short term, that you need to wean on and off etc. I did read that you should change your diet to foods that increase gaba naturally but my son already eats a diet rich in these foods. We are in the middle of dealing with multiple motor tics, and also a vocal tic that can only be described as a loud zombie like humming noise (it doesn't stop from the time he wakes to the time he sleeps) and it is (and I mean this from a loving mom point of view!!!) Driving everyone in our house crazy, not to mention himself. He is unable to attend school at the moment because of it, and is feeling very emotional and not wanting to leave the house :( thank you!

• 4 months later...

GABA helps our kiddo alot. But we had to get enough of it to see the difference. We give it with l-theanine and ibuprophen.   The response was so striking it led to testing for antiGAD65 autoantibodies which are positive 😂.   We give every 3 hours. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...