ACN Latitudes Forums

Tics for years-med change?

My daughter recently turned 12 and has had facial tics for over 4 years.  She has been on Clonodine for almost all of that time, but I really don't know if it helps. Of course, the tics come and go.  Her tics have been blinking, nose scrunching, and eyebrow furrowing.  Recently, she went for six months with no tics so we were hopeful they were done.  They came back twice since then, unfortunately.  I don't know what to do.  We've tried changes in diet, epsom salt baths, air filters, natural cleaning products, no fragrance, etc.  I read and search the internet.  She sees a pediatric neurologist.  He has mentioned Risperdal but the last time he said she probably doesn't need it.  If the Clonodine isn't helping, though, I think we need to consider a different medication.  I am not opposed to medication, obviously, but it does worry me.  I am looking for success stories and advice.  Please don't scare me, I am already stressed to the max with all of this.  Oh, I also wanted to mention that my daughter is definitely going through puberty.  She will probably start her period any day now.  I've read that this could be the worst age for tics, hopefully that's true.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by teacherkse

• 3 weeks later...