ACN Latitudes Forums

Book in spanish language

Hi. Is there any latitudes info in spanish? Im so tired of trying to get psycologists to accept the crucial importance of ruling out out food tiggers for tics. They seem to be under the impression that you will do more harm to your kid by eliminating triggers than by letting them eat them sometimes. They dont get that one or two indulgences can cause constant vocal abusise tics in my child. If anyone knows any good articles in spanish id appreciate the info! Thanks

Rose

Hi Rose1, I too wish we had material in Spanish. We are looking into getting some articles translated. Thank you for bringing it up--it's an important issue. Wish we had funds to pay for professional translation and quickly jump start things.

Also, welcome to the forums :). . .  Have you seen specific foods that trigger the vocalizations in your child that you mentioned? Could you please  share those with us?

I remember when an important study came out in the UK several years ago that showed how some additives could trigger hyperactivity even in so-called "normal" kids, and a doctor wrote an article that he thought it was better to let children eat foods containing those rather than avoid the foods because they need to be able to eat what their friends are eating. I was appalled -- some doctors clearly do not get it.

Thank you so much for writing~Sheila

On 30/5/2018 at 12:59 PM, rose1 said:

Hi. Is there any latitudes info in spanish? Im so tired of trying to get psycologists to accept the crucial importance of ruling out out food tiggers for tics. They seem to be under the impression that you will do more harm to your kid by eliminating triggers than by letting them eat them sometimes. They dont get that one or two indulgences can cause constant vocal abusise tics in my child. If anyone knows any good articles in spanish id appreciate the info! Thanks

Rose

Hi Rose i am going to answer you in Spanish

Documentos en español en latitudes como te ha comentado Sheila no hay ninguno en latitudes (al menos que yo haya encontrado). Yo compré en su día su libro en Inglés que puedes encontrar en amazon.es (si eres de España). En España podrás encontrar foros en los que se habla de la dieta sin gluten y las intolerancias asociadas, pero tampoco encontrarás información. Te recomiendo que veas el documental “The magic pill” 2017 (puedes encontrarlo en la red subtitulado en español) en el que se aplica la dieta cetogénica a personas con diversas enfermedades. Hay también una película llamada “First do no harm” en español “Juramento hipocrático” que también puedes ver subtitulada en español en youtube, protagonizada por Susan Sarandon en la que también se habla de la dieta cetogénica. La dieta cetogénica se aplicaba con éxito a principios del siglo XX para tratar a personas con epilepsia, pero esto a las farmaceuticas parece ser que no les interesó. Cuando estas tratando a tu hija mediante dieta supongo que tú habrás leído mucho sobre el tema, pero sobre estos tratamientos parece que poco hay en español… y a los médicos tradicionales los habrán formado poco en el tema.

Personalmente creo que el tema de la dieta es fundamental tanto si estamos ante un caso de tourette o ante un caso de PANS/PANDAS/PITANDS. A los niños con PANDAS … aparte del tratamiento natural o no, se les prescribe una dieta.

Recientemente el Dr. Luis Rodrigo ha publicado un estudio sobre la dieta sin gluten (tras un año) en pacientes con tourette; puedes verla aquí https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201804.0332/v1

Creo que al igual que tú hay otros padres que consideramos que la dieta es importante, pero por lo que he visto pocos profesionales españoles creen en ello.

Un saludo

On 30/5/2018 at 12:59 PM, rose1 said:

Rose

Perdona Rose1 si que existe un libro "El síndrome del intestino y la psicología" de la Dra. Natasha Campbell que puedes encontrar en amazon.es.