ACN Latitudes Forums

Home IVIG approved through UHC anyone?

Yes, but not in-home. It was done at Children's Hosp. here, so the MDs took care of it all. I feel like the insurance co's in general, respect that more than private practitioners, unfortunately.  We're currently fighting BSCA for in-home IVIg through our private practitioner, don't have UHC anymore. DX of hypogammaglobulanemia, which doesn't warrant HD IVIg, unfortunately. 

• 5 months later...

@tj21  Heelo again.  Saw you on Adults with Pandas thread..... We have UHC through my employer, JPMC. UHC agreed to accept our out-of-network NP in Northern California as in-network. She is the sole provider in 100 miles of us as Stanford refused to see my son. She recommends IVIG.  So UHC agreed that she is the best option for a provider but then refused to pay for IVIG. What was your son's diagnosis when you got the IVIG approved through UHC?  Everyone said insurance would not cover, but I think I should appeal.

@beenthere - Amy Smith NP/RN ? That's a great idea, I haven't had the thought or energy to petition BSCA (our current ins.) to cover her, but will put it on my to-do list. We have always had hypogammaglobulanemia as the DX, and BSCA approved HD IVIg. We have lab tests showing, besides low total IgG, poor immunization response (done through UCSF Immunology Dept.), which I believe was required.