ACN Latitudes Forums

Bartonella

I’m hoping someone experienced with Bartonella can help me with this. My DS has continued to flare despite beginning treatment in August for Lyme, Bartonella & Babesia/PANS. Our Llmd says Bartonella treatment is particularly lengthy and believes that this is what we are continuing to deal with. Can anyone speak to how long treatment took them for Bartonella? Since the beginning of December, we’ve had two good weeks. I miss my boy.

Thank you.

Edited by mountainmom

• 2 months later...

I saw nobody replied and I don't know whether you still come on the forum but it depends on the severity of the Bartonella infection. My son's was bad along with the Lyme. It took us a couple years of various treatments. Fatigue was debilitating but he did come out the other side. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, mountainmom said:

I’m hoping someone experienced with Bartonella can help me with this. My DS has continued to flare despite beginning treatment in August for Lyme, Bartonella & Babesia/PANS. Our Llmd says Bartonella treatment is particularly lengthy and believes that this is what we are continuing to deal with. Can anyone speak to how long treatment took them for Bartonella? Since the beginning of December, we’ve had two good weeks. I miss my boy.

Thank you.

Which bartonella? My son's lyme test came out positive for bartonella henselae. Could you share your treatment please?

Sorry for the slow response. He tested positive for multiple different types of Bartonella. He's been on antibiotics for almost a year.  He’s s currently on Bactrim and  Amoxicillin. Plus currently on vitamin D, CBD oil, Nystatin for yeast, milk thistle for the liver, iron, and Aleve. His immune system seems better this year, post treatment. Summer is always much easier for him. Currently, his OCD, anxiety, etc is much better. He just has one residual tic. But, otherwise as he has for the past four summers, he has returned to himself.

If you have insights, please share!