ACN Latitudes Forums

I’m breaking down !

Gaga

Since my son son started ticcing not a long time ago , I have gotten myself into a state. I am literally falling into peace’s 

I am scared that he will get the swearing / vocal tics. He has 6 tics at the moment this seems so extreme and im worried he’s going to get the swearing : vocals since that’s the only one he doesn’t have .

is it normal of TS kids to have multiple at a time , head jerk, shoulder, toe scrunching , a stomach one , but clinching ,throat clearing, clicking tounge and other sounds. I discovered some of these myself he had not mentioned . I’m so worried. I feel like that’s the next thing coming. 😔

I know it says this is rare but I have been watching videos on YouTube and seems many people have this. I’m so worried that I’m depressed about it. I’m sorry to anyone who has a child or whose got this tic I don’t mean any offence. I just feel like I wouldn’t be able to cope with it😔 this is my biggest fear at the moment. I know I’m being ridiculous but I cry over it and can’t stop thinking about what his life will be like. It seems like this type of tic is for life in most cases and I feel bad that now I am hoping he stays with the motor and the sounds he makes . 

My son is fine, he deals with it pretty well, and he is still enjoying life .but I know the vocal words would destroy my family, I wish there was a button to switch it all off 

Hi gaga, It can be upsetting to see the worst situations online. I'm sorry it has been so difficult for you. Have you had a chance to do any of the suggestions that others made in your previous February posts? 

Tic can be concerning, that is for sure. But the swearing is not common, as you mention you have read.

It helps to know that you are doing something to try to address the diet or allergies you said he has; feel like you are moving in the right direction. Maybe you can get some support and counseling for yourself?  Let us know how things are going, please and what your options are.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:23 PM, Sheila said:

Hi gaga, It can be upsetting to see the worst situations online. I'm sorry it has been so difficult for you. Have you had a chance to do any of the suggestions that others made in your previous February posts? 

Tic can be concerning, that is for sure. But the swearing is not common, as you mention you have read.

It helps to know that you are doing something to try to address the diet or allergies you said he has; feel like you are moving in the right direction. Maybe you can get some support and counseling for yourself?  Let us know how things are going, please and what your options are.

Thank you for your response, my son is on vitamin supplements and diet changes reducing dairy etc,,, I have made sure he carries on doing sports and doing stuff he loves . To be honest he is doing very well these days, he still tics daily but I guess that’s the waning period. 

I am just finding it so hard not knowing what’s to come , not being in control . Living life a day at a time not knowing if it will get better , worse or stay the same 😔 makes me lose hope and upset 

gaga, please keep a log so you can monitor how things are going. Something simple, not stressful. We have charts for free on our Trigger Resources pages, which were actually designed as a supplement for those who order the Stop Your Tics by Learning What Triggers Them book.

Why don't you go to the section where we  have these charts and see if something appeals to you. I think it will help you to put ideas and plans down on paper and that can relieve the need to keep thinking constantly about things. It will also help to give you some direction.

I know what you mean about fearing for the future, but as long as you are taking steps in a positive way and seeing some improvement, you will feel better and so will he. Studies have shown that most of what we fear never happens.

And it is so good that he is happy and doing well with sports. Enjoy his smiles.

Also if you keep a log, then if things worsen for a bit, you can go back and try to figure out what might have caused that to happen. One reason we feel so out of control with tics is that we imagine there is nothing we can really do about them, but for most people that is not the case. There is lots of reason to be hopeful.

If he continues to do well and you still have the same problem of worrying so much, then it would be good to get some help for yourself. You could think about seeing a good counselor or  find a naturopath who could see if you need something to help adjust your emotional state. You sound like a wonderful mother, and you may have the tendency that most of us moms suffer from, of putting everyone else's needs ahead of your own. You will be able to help your family more if you can find some peace. If you are needing certain nutritional balancing, then that makes it much harder to feel happy. Sometimes there is a simple solution.

Does that make sense to you?