ACN Latitudes Forums

I am at a loss I need help!

Hello! I am fairly new to this forum and I need some help. I am at a loss right now and can only seem to cry. My son started a throat clearing tic two weeks after we moved into our new house last September. This was a new construction home. Sometimes present was bealching which seemed at the time to me like bad stomach problems. Soon after I began homeschooling his first grade year and noticed his focus was horrible and almost seem dyslexic at times with a lot of backward letter and number writting. In early December with the throat clearing tic still there he stared the eye blinking tic which was really bad for a couple of weeks. I didnt really know about tics and took him to the eye doctor thinking he needed glasses or was really affected by the low humidity in our home. I was wrong and started reading about tics. At the time I gave him cal/mag and a vit b complex supplement thinking it could only help. The blinking pretty much went away and then the nose twitch started here and there along with the occasional eye bink but always the throat clearing one. In early June my son was outside in the heat and for the first time I saw a adominal tic just twice then it went away. In July I decided to get some tests done with an envriomental doctor in Topton, PA Dr. Maulfair. I wanted to see what was going on here. His tics were not too bad but I really wanted to get some answers before they would come back with a vengence. The tics would come and go with the throat clearing always staying though. We got the tests done and he has many delayed food sensitivites. Worse on the lists is peanuts, pinto beans, pineapples and soy. Funny he was on soy formula as a baby before I new how bad it is for you. Also his metals are really bad. Asenic is really high, as is Silver, and Titanium. We are still real confused about the arsenic as we have city water. We are currently waiting on a water test. Also he has too much bad bacteria in his gut and suspected yeast overgrowth though the tests did not indicate this. We were told sometimes the tests come back neg and the yeast is still present. He was on antibiotics too much as a baby and toddler with ear infections and strange high fevers. We were also told he has leaky gut syndrome as a result. My son was put on Nystatin along with a good probiotic to help replace the good bacteria. Here is where things really went bad. A week after he started the Nystatin he started with horrible adomininal tics. Like I said I saw this only twice before a couple of months ago. He has them for over two weeks now and they last all day long with no let up! He does this approx 11 times per min all day long!!! I called the doctor about this and he said to stop the Nystantin for a few days and call in Monday morning. He thought the yeast might be dying off too quickly causing him to appear worse. I was so hopeful that a day or two after stopping the Nystatin things would get better but they are so much worse!!!! He has been off the Nystatin for 5 days now. I am so heartbroken for him. I cant bear to see him go through this. I keep praying they stop. I have been following his new diet for three weeks now to the "T". I have been giving him cal/ Mag, and good Dr. recommended liquid multi vit, cod liver oil, flax oil, and evening primrose oil to help repair the gut. I am at a total loss. He is so much worse. His poor belly is so hard and the tics just dont stop. Any advice? Monday morning cant be here soon enough so I can call the doctor. My little boy was tic free until we moved to a new home. Could this be a conection? Thanks so much for listening. Any ideas would be so appreiciated.

Blessings,

Lori

mom2Samuel,

Welcome! I feel for you & your son.

I had a similiar experience like you when my son started probiotic to heal his gut, his tics skyrocketed. It was so heartbreaking to see. And the worst part of it was to think that i made it worst by taking him to see a ND. My son's ND at that time said the tic increased was probably due to the die off and it should subside within a week. Well, it took my son about a month and a half before things settled down to the way it was before treatment.

Here are a few things that I found helpful with my son's tics; Epsom salt baths, magnesium creme and Kid's Calm (magnesium). When my son is waxing, i would use epsom salt baths 2X/day, am & pm (2C salt per bath, for 20-30 minutes. Then apply the magnesium cream on his tic area. For ex. if he has a neck tic, i would apply it there. Kid's Calm 2X/day.

I also find that acunpuncture & chiropractic helps with tics.

You mentioned the tics started with the new home. I am wondering if he has environmental allergies? You mentioned your son has food sensitivities, have you tried eliminating these food from his diet? Your son is taking fish oil, could he be reacting to that as well, as many with tics or ts do not tolerate fish oil well.

In the meantime, you may want to eliminate artificial flavor & sweetner, food colorings, additives, preservations, MSG, and corn syrup as these can be tic triggers.

I hope your son's tics gets better tomorrow.

Pat

Hi mom2Samuel,

yes, I do agree with Patty that one of the first things you should check is your new home as it sounds like something environmental could be triggering tics. New homes are filled with formaldehyde and other chemicals in carpets and wood etc

it seems very likely that the Nystatin has caused a rapid die-off reaction and this is aggravating tics. Are you giving a probiotic too? That is so important at this stage. Kefir is an excellent source as is real yoghurt like stoneyfield farms

My own preference for eradicating yeast is a more natural method than the prescription drug Nystatin.

I like CANDIDA CLEAR by NOW as it comes formulated with things to help in die off and has a more gradual effect than things like nystatin

I have also heard good reports on THREELAC

please try to find hope here.........I know it is so sad and scary when we feel helpless to help our kids...but his little body has been through a lot and you are doing good stuff to help him. Most of all he needs a mommy who isnt exhausted and worried so take care of you too!

(((hugs))) to you

Hi,

High arsenic levels can be from chicken, try buying the amish, or kosher chicken, that are alot cleaner than your

brand name ones at local grocery store. Just my 2 cents.

Over the yrs with 2 sons with tics, I have seen it all, tics come and go, and sometimes tic of the week, new ones

always popping up and then go away. Hang in there, Mom!

You are not alone! :wub:

Mustang Carole

mom2Samuel,

Welcome! I feel for you & your son.

I had a similiar experience like you when my son started probiotic to heal his gut, his tics skyrocketed. It was so heartbreaking to see. And the worst part of it was to think that i made it worst by taking him to see a ND. My son's ND at that time said the tic increased was probably due to the die off and it should subside within a week. Well, it took my son about a month and a half before things settled down to the way it was before treatment.

Here are a few things that I found helpful with my son's tics; Epsom salt baths, magnesium creme and Kid's Calm (magnesium). When my son is waxing, i would use epsom salt baths 2X/day, am & pm (2C salt per bath, for 20-30 minutes. Then apply the magnesium cream on his tic area. For ex. if he has a neck tic, i would apply it there. Kid's Calm 2X/day.

I also find that acunpuncture & chiropractic helps with tics.

You mentioned the tics started with the new home. I am wondering if he has environmental allergies? You mentioned your son has food sensitivities, have you tried eliminating these food from his diet? Your son is taking fish oil, could he be reacting to that as well, as many with tics or ts do not tolerate fish oil well.

In the meantime, you may want to eliminate artificial flavor & sweetner, food colorings, additives, preservations, MSG, and corn syrup as these can be tic triggers.

I hope your son's tics gets better tomorrow.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Could you please tell me where you buy your magnesium cream. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you

Hi Lori,

So glad your here for help, we are here to help your son, and you. I'm so sorry you feel like this. I know all to well that feeling. Keep praying, God will answer. My son was high in arsnic too. Do you have a treated outdoor wood play set? You know the ones that have slides, and look like tree houses. My Dr. told me they treat the wood with arsnic. she also said decks have this in is too.

You might want to start over with all the vits to see if you can find ones causing the increase in tics, like patty said some vit cause more tics. We had that problem and I had a hard time finding the ones causing more tics.

God Bless Lori, He is listening.

C.P.

Hello! I am fairly new to this forum and I need some help. I am at a loss right now and can only seem to cry. My son started a throat clearing tic two weeks after we moved into our new house last September. This was a new construction home. Sometimes present was bealching which seemed at the time to me like bad stomach problems. Soon after I began homeschooling his first grade year and noticed his focus was horrible and almost seem dyslexic at times with a lot of backward letter and number writting. In early December with the throat clearing tic still there he stared the eye blinking tic which was really bad for a couple of weeks. I didnt really know about tics and took him to the eye doctor thinking he needed glasses or was really affected by the low humidity in our home. I was wrong and started reading about tics. At the time I gave him cal/mag and a vit b complex supplement thinking it could only help. The blinking pretty much went away and then the nose twitch started here and there along with the occasional eye bink but always the throat clearing one. In early June my son was outside in the heat and for the first time I saw a adominal tic just twice then it went away. In July I decided to get some tests done with an envriomental doctor in Topton, PA Dr. Maulfair. I wanted to see what was going on here. His tics were not too bad but I really wanted to get some answers before they would come back with a vengence. The tics would come and go with the throat clearing always staying though. We got the tests done and he has many delayed food sensitivites. Worse on the lists is peanuts, pinto beans, pineapples and soy. Funny he was on soy formula as a baby before I new how bad it is for you. Also his metals are really bad. Asenic is really high, as is Silver, and Titanium. We are still real confused about the arsenic as we have city water. We are currently waiting on a water test. Also he has too much bad bacteria in his gut and suspected yeast overgrowth though the tests did not indicate this. We were told sometimes the tests come back neg and the yeast is still present. He was on antibiotics too much as a baby and toddler with ear infections and strange high fevers. We were also told he has leaky gut syndrome as a result. My son was put on Nystatin along with a good probiotic to help replace the good bacteria. Here is where things really went bad. A week after he started the Nystatin he started with horrible adomininal tics. Like I said I saw this only twice before a couple of months ago. He has them for over two weeks now and they last all day long with no let up! He does this approx 11 times per min all day long!!! I called the doctor about this and he said to stop the Nystantin for a few days and call in Monday morning. He thought the yeast might be dying off too quickly causing him to appear worse. I was so hopeful that a day or two after stopping the Nystatin things would get better but they are so much worse!!!! He has been off the Nystatin for 5 days now. I am so heartbroken for him. I cant bear to see him go through this. I keep praying they stop. I have been following his new diet for three weeks now to the "T". I have been giving him cal/ Mag, and good Dr. recommended liquid multi vit, cod liver oil, flax oil, and evening primrose oil to help repair the gut. I am at a total loss. He is so much worse. His poor belly is so hard and the tics just dont stop. Any advice? Monday morning cant be here soon enough so I can call the doctor. My little boy was tic free until we moved to a new home. Could this be a conection? Thanks so much for listening. Any ideas would be so appreiciated.

Blessings,

Lori

Lori, I am new here as well, in fact this is my first post :huh:

I have TS, I am 22 and went through everything you can possibly think of....or at least it feels that way.:wub:

I had allot of tics that where very similar to your son's. I had allot of throat clearing I would force clear (as I call it) my throat so bad I would force my throat to bleed. I still have trouble concentrating. eg. It took me three takes to read your post. It is allot better and stuff but it still takes me forever to read a book and my writing is very bad. My body tenses up when I write and it is a pain for my coworkers to read my reports (I work security). I sometimes think I may be dyslexic as I tend to type codes (like the security codes to sites) in odd orders like (this is not an actual code) 5235 would get entered "2355" all I see are the fives and they seem to always go together. Mr. bick becomes Mr. ######...really crazy stuff.

I have the opposite weight problem I am 6'6" 280lbs. It is normal for him to have these tics and be glad he isn't breaking his clavicle or straining his neck like I was. My tics where really bad and violent. I would hit myself in the shoulder so hard that I broke my collar bone once. I threw my head back so hard it would hurt like ######. I was in a neck brace at one point and they had to take it off and wait until I was in bed (tics don't happen when you are asleep) to put it on. When I drive I have this urge to only turn right. My parents took my licence away once bcz I told them I had an urge to swerve at the time into oncoming traffic. The trick is to learn something that fills the void of the tic that isn't as dangerous or rough. I learned to pull my seat belt to the side instead of the steering wheel.

I gotta get going so if you need anything shoot me a line.

Frazer