ACN Latitudes Forums

Ibuprofen question

My 7.5 year ds was on a course of steroids when first diagnosed which worked wonders and helped take the rage and aggression away. Since he’s gone off we have more rages etc. I have heard others saying they used ibuprofen or alleve for inflammation which I know he still has as he has bad headaches quite a bit at night still. If you used either regularly how long did you use it, and how much how often?  Thanks 

A long time ago, my son used ibuprofen 3x daily for about six months, but he was 12 years old at the time, not seven.  We eventually discovered turmeric.  He now takes a 600 mg capsule 2x daily and says it feels the same to him as 15 mg of prednisone in terms of the benefit.  I am not sure how you administer that to a seven yr old, who may not be able to swallow pills.  Am guessing you could open the capsule and mix the contents with applesauce or jelly (but not sure what that would taste like).  Anyway, I definitely would try ibuprofen 3x a day for a month while figuring out what to do next and not worry too much about the down-side.  

My 7 and a half year old was on Aleve (lasts longer than IBuprofen) once pill in the morning and one at night. It was very helpful. We saw reduced OCD symptoms. However, we recently switched to turmeric capsules which we give one morning and one night (as per our llmd). Which seems to work equally well. Hope this helps.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:50 PM, mountainmom said:

My 7 and a half year old was on Aleve (lasts longer than IBuprofen) once pill in the morning and one at night. It was very helpful. We saw reduced OCD symptoms. However, we recently switched to turmeric capsules which we give one morning and one night (as per our llmd). Which seems to work equally well. Hope this helps.

Will you please share what brand of turmeric capsules and what dosage you give your 7.5yo? Thank you.