ACN Latitudes Forums

Hallucinations, RADON?

Our adult PANS dd is having auditory and visual hallucinations, ONLY at night, and ONLY in her lower level bedroom. These did not occur in our previous home. Our current home had very high levels of radon when we purchased it, but a mitigation system was installed. We are in the process of having it checked to see if it is working properly.

So, I know hallucinations can be a part of PANDAS/PANS, but her's are ONLY at night, and have only been in this home and only in the lower level. Has anyone else had something similar going on? We've ruled out her sleep meds, as it occurs with different kinds, and usually the hallucinations don't happen until early morning.

She's the "canary in a coalmine"...she has the dreaded HLA genes, so I'm wondering about other toxins. We're pretty sure there is no mold down there, as mold usually causes her migraines and vomiting, for days, and this is not occurring.

Anyone else dealing with PANDAS/PANS in a high radon area?

Would relocating her for a short time to a different place be an option?  Suppose you go on vacation for a week, and see the difference.

Wondering about Canary in the Coalmine as well......  My daughter claims to have an EMF sensitivity and is having trouble in the workplace, with anxiety, headaches etc being triggered by it.  No one else in the place is having this trouble.  Wondering about it.  Any input?  (I ordered a toumarline (sp?) necklace from Amazon to neutralize this energy, but still.....  And what else can we do?  Avoidance of cell phones and computers are not really an option...

When we are away from home, it never happens. I'll be calling for another radon test today.

Any functional or integrative medicine doc will say YES to EMF sensitivity. If you get on Pubmed, research shows different things, but since I spend every spare minute researching health issues, the one thing I can tell you is research outcomes are determined by whoever funds the study! 

That being said, my son, who is probably autistic, doesn't say much, NEVER complains, we have a terrible time knowing if he is uncomfortable, etc.,... when we moved here and he would go into the room with the Comcast router/modem, he would come out and say he didn't know why, but his head hurt. I was shocked, as he NEVER mentions any ills unless I quiz the heck out of him! Our doctor is a general practitioner, but her adult kids are on the spectrum, and her son had the same issues, and he uses something to sheild it and it works for him. You might want to try mercola.com, I'm sure he has some info on dangers of wifi. Plus we already know too much cell phone use causes brain cancer, and of course no one believed that when the idea first came out...

As far as avoidance, there are lots of docs posting how to avoid it. Some people put their router on a timer and shut it down for the night for a break. You should never have a tablet, phone or computer, or even your alarm clock next to your bed. Some people that get sick from it go so far as hardwiring everything, instead of wifi, like in the "good ol days"!

Yes, the canary in the coal mine is definitely real. Such as our mold issue. About 25% of people have the genetics where they don't clear the mycotoxins, so you can have a room full of people, and only a few will get sick from it. Thankfully, with epigenetic studies, these people aren't labelled "hypochondriacs". Actually, I'm the the one that made the connection with our dd. She didn't know why she would get sick, but she finally realized after years of getting sick that mold was the trigger.

There are many sites on how to protect yourself from EMF. Hard to know which ones are legit... you might want to try a European site, they seem to be much further ahead of us when it comes health issues.

• 4 years later...

EMF sensitivity appears to be a real phenomenon, although the actual mechanism for it is still being studied.  Wireless radiation these days--including that from cell phones, cordless phones, wifi, baby monitors, and any number of wireless games, gizmos and appliances--is made up of radiofrequency/microwave radiation (RF/MW) and extremely low frequencies (ELF), and they are pulsed or modulated, which may add another layer of reactivity. Based on what I know and what I have heard from researchers, special stones, magnets, crystals, stick-ons and etc., don't make a bit of difference in actually mitigating the radiation exposure, and may in some situations worsen it.

From 1990 to April 2022, the list of studies on ELF and RF/MW effects on neurology numbers 702.  Of that number, 574 studies showed neurological effects.  That breaks down to 91% of the ELF studies, and 74% of the RF studies.  So it's not crazy to think some symptoms may be related to exposure.

A number of people have noticed they get headaches, pains, irritations, even nosebleeds when using or exposed to wireless or other EMF, while others report difficulty with memory, mental clarity, focus or maintaining energy (more vague and general, but when you start to see a pattern emerging, you begin to pay attention to it).

As for reliable sources, here's where I would go:   Environmental Health Trust (ehtrust.org), Electromagnetic Radiation Safety (saferemr.com), Environmental Working Group (ewg.org).  These are kept up to date.  You can also go to the  Facebook page: Safer Cellphone and Wifi Project   @safercellphoneproject

Edited by mmglaser

• 5 months later...

If you're in a high radon area, I suggest a realtime monitor to give you better information. The test kits you mail in are ok, but they sure miss a lot; particularly the spikes in radon concentration usually seen when the temperature dips in the winter.  I have the Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector and it works well.

Edited by Atex