ACN Latitudes Forums

TV audio & authority What gives here?

mblack

Hi everyone, I have been noticing something about the TV viewing or more so the audio. When my son starts watching TV, mainly in the morning he will have a uh, uh, uh, vocal tic, but as soon as you mute the TV sound the tics stop, unmute the tic comes back, What goes here?

Also, if anyone with authority speaks directly to our son and trys to make eye to eye contact then this makes his eye blinking and eye rolling tic get noticibly worse, what goes here? This can be anyone he views that has authority over him, parents, teachers, any he doesn't know (stranger), or any adult mainly.

Just a couple questions and observations that I was wondering if anyone else had ever picked up on.

Has anyone had an experience with bad tonsils in your child and been advised to have them removed? Did removing them have any affect at all with any of their tics or other symptoms?

Thanks so much for everyones concern and help. I do really appreciate the input.

hi mblack

the TV audio triggering a vocal tic is something I have noted here too, and with the eye blinking when spoken to by an authority figure, this could be a stress reaction ie feeling a tension with authority (which is not an unusual thing for a child...some kids twirl their hair or even their clothes etc and others shift from foot to foot or touch things etc when in a similar situation kwim?

cant help re personal experience with tonsils but I do know that any infection is a tic trigger

HTH

Cheri

Isn't that strange my son will do the opposite, he can stare down anyone without looking like he has TS at all.

And when he doesn't like an answer to an idea he might have, watch out the little lawyer in him come out. He can do this for 1/2 hour or longer. When the talk is over the tics start back up again.

C.P.

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't that strange my son will do the opposite, he can stare down anyone without looking like he has TS at all.

And when he doesn't like an answer to an idea he might have, watch out the little lawyer in him come out. He can do this for 1/2 hour or longer. When the talk is over the tics start back up again.

C.P.

His talking may be like my football. When I was young I played football in organized legues. My tics would disapear while on the feild. There is something about passion. I don't play anymore but I can read anything about football or listen on the radio or watch on TV and I have no tics at all. I can do anything with football and its like i never had TS at all. I have a firm beleif that if you find your kids passion his/her tics would disapear while they are doing it.

Take Care,