ACN Latitudes Forums

New to PANDAS, extremely high DNAse B

My son has always been an "autism-ish" kid with cyclical behavior/anxiety/sensory/handwriting issues. After a perfect storm of a sudden onset on Thursday of waaaay increased anxiety, behavioral shift, a letter home from school about strep in the classroom, and enuresis, our developmental pediatrician ordered some bloodwork. It was quite literally off the charts. His streptozyme was 800. His DNAse B Antibody was 4,680. The highest DNAse our dev. ped. had ever seen was in the 800's. We've started on Keflex, Motrin, and they're considering steroids.

In some ways I'm glad we finally have answers. But now we just have more questions. 

So hi, I'll be lurking here a lot I'm sure. 

How old is your son?  Does he have an ASD or Asperger's diagnosis?

My son had certain ASD characteristics beginning about first grade, also, but nobody actually thought they were pervasive enough to "qualify" for ASD.  He also developed OCD at about age 6, but we couldn't get anyone to take us seriously with respect to PANDAS.  Fast-forward to age 12 when we finally succeed in getting him tested, and not unlike you, his titers were off the charts in terms of the "normal" lab range:  770, in our case.

Glad you've got some ready response!  If you can spare a few minutes each day, you might try keeping a journal about your son's behaviors as it could be interesting what you might find he leaves behind and what new skills he may demonstrate as the abx go to work!  Good luck!