ACN Latitudes Forums

Chemicals in fruit

Hi All,

I baught a watermellon (seedless) it was very pretty red and looked good. When we tasted it, it had no flavor. Is there something unnatural about seedless watermellon. I mean what do they do to watermellon to make it seedless.

Thanks if anyone knows anything about chemicals put in fruit, to make it grow in an unnatural way.

C.P.

Kim,

Great link on the organic seedless watermelon. I have been eating the organic seedless watermelons this summer and am wondering if it is really organic due to the alteration on the seedless variety. The ones i get at our local store is super sweet & full of flavor. It is yummy!

Any harm in eating seedless watermelons? Since it has been altered, is it the same as GMO food?

Patty

Patty,

If you search something like "dangers of GM foods" you will get a good overall picture.

This statement just doesn't give me a good feeling

If you research carefully, you will learn that, technically, there cannot be such a thing as a certified organic seedless watermelon. Why? A certified organic seedless watermelon is a genetically altered watermelon. The genetic alteration is done chemically.

To create a seedless watermelon, seed producers treat natural watermelon seed with Colchicines, a chromosome-altering chemical.

I think many things now days (largely due to greed) are rushed through the pipeline without the consequences being fully understood.

I had to love this page...I think there is a error in the fist paragraph, where is is supposed to say that we would "not opt" for GM foods

"You Can’t Trust Consumers to Make the Right Choice About GM Foods. The Truth Would Be Confusing and Misleading!" Says FDA

http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php/?page_id=333

Yes,

And I just learned a bit about corn as well. The plant originally had a gene mutation that would have caused it to die out as the seeds are encased in tightly covered husks and the male sex parts are unable to germinate without human interference. I have a fascination right now with the plant as I am trying to figure out why it causes such a reaction in my son. Not sure if the GMO corn is any worse than natural corn. Have a friend who is a plant molecular biologist and he assured me the GMO crop is okay.

Caryn

just a word on GMO

in the corn and in others they have genetically engineered a PESTICIDE into the plants DNA :(

eat the produce=ingest the pesticide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is a lot of speculation that this is one of the factors responsible for the disappearing bee crisis

and if the colchicine is inhibiting seed production in these plants............do we really know what it is doing to us :(

I would rather spit out seeds than eat anything genetically modified!