ACN Latitudes Forums

Desperate for Sleep

Hi there yes please that would be great! I was reading gaba was amazing for tics (currently we are in the middle of a flare that can only be described as very loud zombie like humming that goes ALL day) . But the after researching I read some negative things about it and bite I'm confused. Any advice or if you are still taking wild be great thanks! Did you use it only during flares? Do you wean on and wean off? How much are you giving him? My son is 11. Thank you!!!

Hi lost99- Gaba really helped my son for a while until his symptoms shifted and his flare worsened. Then we switched him to CBD oil- which also was very helpful and he continues to take now. It really helps with his anxiety in the evenings.  I wish I could tell you which GABA supplement we used and how much, but we are away for the month. When I get home in August, I will update. I know others on here have had positive results with it. Maybe try searching the forum's archive in the the interim? We didn't wean him on or off. I just started giving him one pill with dinner and he immediately began (for the first time in years) sleeping through the night. When we switched to CBD oil, I just stopped the GABA. I hope this helps. So sorry you are going through this.

Sure that would be great. We can't find a pandas doctor here so all I could get was two weeks of amoxycillin for this current flare, which I think wasn't long enough and has now caused a crazy intense rebound reaction. How old wasyour son when you started cbd oil?  I would love to try it but we are in New Zealand and it is still illegal here. unfortunately. Maybe one day!