ACN Latitudes Forums

First call with Dr. K -- What to Expect?

We went to Dr K and my son had IVIG. He is very much focused on your child during the first visit, so don’t try to interrupt. He will ask you, the parent(s) questions when he is done evaluating your child. It is really fascinating to watch him interact with the kids. He is really brilliant and very much focused on and attentive to his patients: the children. He is not much for small talk, but will answer your questions and because he has been treating this condition since the 90’s, he is truly an expert. You are in great hands.

Sorry I just saw that you are doing a phone consult and not an office visit. Whoops- long day. We did not do a phone consult. We were 90% positive that my son had PANDAS and called to ask if we could just come and have treatment. So, we flew to Chicago, had an hour long office visit and then 2 days x 6 hours each day of IVIG

Edited by abdualpt

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@abdualpt @irishmom We had our first meeting with Dr K this morning and will be starting augmentin tomorrow.  I noticed it has been a year since this post, I'm wonder how you kids are doing since treatment?  Did they both have IVIG?  How many sessions - just 1?  Did the treatment last?  

Thank you!