ACN Latitudes Forums

Is this PANDAS??

My son (16) has been having episodes of vomiting since he was 10. The episode last usually 3-4 days , he won't be able to have any food stay down and thrown it's like a switch.... it stops and he could eat whatever he wants. He tested positive for gluten allergy at 10 yr.  He has had strep multiple times as a child and numerous ear infections. The reason I suspect PANDAS is that there seems to be a pattern of when the vomiting starts it is right after he complains of sore throats and achiness. His strep titer is elevated . I just had him at his doctor  on Monday , she ran an overnight strep , so far it's negative . If anyone has been through something similar or has any information please let me know.

Edited by momtoethanh
Added info

What you described sounds like Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. If your son doesn't have symptoms of PANDAS (aside from the vomiting), in my opinion he probably doesn't have it. I would definitely consider PANDAS, though, if he meets the diagnosis criteria in other areas. I am also aware of a child with both PANDAS and CVS. 

I have also heard of vomiting being a tic. I would not suspect PANDAS if he doesn't fit the other symptoms. Hope this helps.