ACN Latitudes Forums

Supplements

AverysMama

Hi everyone,

I joined the forums a while back but have mostly been just lurking and reading up on everyone's experiences. Background for me - my daughter is 6 years old and was diagnosed at 5 with TS. At the time of her diagnosis she had some very noticeable tics but they were pretty stable and not really...I don't know...not really prohibitive for her. But just in the last 4 months they have increased quite a bit to some very complex motor tics. She only has one small vocal tic at this point. Of course the complex motor tics have me quite concerned about the severity of her TS and whether or not this is something that will continue increasing or whether she'll be lucky and have it calm down after adolescence. 

Currently she's a bit of a mess of tics. Jumping, some facial twitches, clearing throat, she's got one where she throws her hand in the air (accompanied by a vocal tic), and she's twisting her body in a weird way (doing something with her stomach I guess), snapping her teeth together, and one where she stares off (looks like she's completely checking out).

Anyways, earlier this week after speaking with her doctor, I got a mag/calcium supplement and B6. Currently she's taking 2 tsps of the mag/calcium each day and half of a 50mg B6 tablet. First, I'm wondering if this is enough. We're also doing epsom salt baths but not regularly because she has eczema and can't bathe every day. Also wondering how long it might take to see improvement IF we'll see any at all.

She's had 3 doses so far. I'm guessing it might take some time but I don't know. We're new to this! I'm just hoping something will help calm her body down. I hate to see her little body in such turmoil and can't imagine that focusing in school is easy with all that's going on with her.

Edited by AverysMama

We also started our son on magnesium, Natural Calm, beginning this past Friday night.  We also asked for him to reduce video games to no more than 4 hours per day.  While we may be reading too much into it, it did appear this morning when he left for the school the eye blinking and grimaces have been reduced.  Again, very early in the process so we'll see...  Also planning to introduce B6 into the mix.  

On Sunday, we reintroduced a multivitamin and on Monday a B6.  By Tuesday evening I noticed an increase in tics, which I understand may come and go, but it was enough to warrant backing off the multi and B6 to see the impact.  Going to give him Mag only for a couple of weeks.  If the tics stay down may reintroduce only calcium and wait another couple of weeks.   

I feel like we may be experiencing a bit of an increase in tics too, but I'm just wondering if we can work through it and come out the other side with a decrease. 

I'm currently giving her 2 tsps of the children's mag/calcium liquid and 25mg/day of b6. I'm wondering if it's enough b6 though. She's small, only 6, and about 50 lbs. I was nervous to give her more than that. 

I'm so impressed with her! She's never taken a pill by mouth before last week and it took 2 days and she got it down and has no issues now. 

• 2 weeks later...